Wine Cellar cooler installation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broge5

Reaction score
I am considering a wine rack system that someone removed from a home they bought. The racks come with a Breezaire WKE 4000 unit. I am wanting to enclose an area of my study for a wine cellar. After reading the installation instructions on the Breezaire and others, I have run across this statement:

The warm air exhaust side of the unit must have a constant supply of fresh air, less than 85oF.

The unit is designed to be placed in a wall with the cool air blowing into the cellar and the warm exhaust blowing to the opposite side of the wall. Since it is often well above 85oF in the Dallas area, this tells me it is too hot to exhaust it outside, too hot to exhaust to the garage. Where do people in Texas route the exhaust? Into my study surrounding the cellar? Would this raise the ambient room temp of my study making it less comfortable to relax and enjoy the wine I have gone to lengths to cellar?

Any input is appreciated.

Back