Wine Bottle Opener

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wctisue

Reaction score
We've tried many, many different designs over the years --one with wings that you pull down, the aso, the pulltaps design, one with rabbit ears, one using a needlewith compressed airand even counter mounted models.

We just starting using the Oster 4207 electric wine bottle opener and we're very impressed. One button to run the corkscrew into the bottle and reverse the button to spit the cork out into your hand.

Not that opening wine bottles tires me out so much every night but just another toy to add to the collection.

Wayne

Ive had rabbit ears(a few expensive 1's) and they all failed, they would screw in and then screw back out after a few months. Now I use either the bartenders or the pulltabs.

I have that model Wayne. I have been using it since Christmas 2006. It still works as well as ever. Evey other corkscrew I have ever tried either breaks or comes up missing. The one I got even comes with a chilling thingy. You put it in the freezer, take it out and put a bottle in itand it keeps your white wines cool. No ice needed. I rarely use that though!

wctisue said:
We've tried many, many different designs over the years --one with wings that you pull down, the aso, the pulltaps design, one with rabbit ears, one using a needlewith compressed airand even counter mounted models.

We just starting using the Oster 4207 electric wine bottle opener and we're very impressed. One button to run the corkscrew into the bottle and reverse the button to spit the cork out into your hand.

Not that opening wine bottles tires me out so much every night but just another toy to add to the collection.

Wayne
Problem NEVER try to opem a wine with asynthetic cork

hmmmmm
smiley5.gif

I'm only talking about the battery operated ones. A member of my wine club has had the screw bend on thesynthetic corks.

Latest posts

Back