Why you shouldn't listen too much to wine experts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"but invariably they have little experience with wine culture. . . . Connoisseurs, . . . the more training they have, the more mistakes they make." Words to live by—and not just when drinking wine.
smiley36.gif

That's why so many people here will say, "Drink what you like!"
"I tastedominant strawberry, with raspberry hidden behind some high frucose corn syrup. This Boone's Farm has a hint of oak, so I guess it was driven past a forest after bottling."
smiley36.gif

hey...thanks for sharing that article!

and it is why i NEVER enter a wine competition...it has its place...but by and large from what i have seen....wine judges are like movie reviewers...and i can recall seeing many a movie that i enjoyed that was also panned by movie critics....i like it that regular people like the wine i bottle...and i always keep in mind that i did not really make the wine

Like PolishWineP says....drink what ya like

I knew it! I knew it! No wonder I can drink "cheap" wine and enjoy it. And the one time I had a bottle over $75, thought it was disappointing. Perception is everything.

Latest posts

Back