Why walk?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.newsminer.com/view/full_...ch-Eagle?instance=home_news_window_left_top_1

"Alaska, where men are men, and women run 1000mile sled dog races"

I made a reference in another post about when I lived in the bush as a young man, but I have never done anything close to this.

Some of the ladies running this race are as tough as they come. We have a few in this forum who could compete with them.

At the end of the day those dogs must be released from the lead line, bedded down and fed. Then the musher, him or her has to do the same for themself. What about going #1, or #2? Takes ten minutes just to put on all that gear. Well think about it amongst yourselves.

Maybe before all of you on the East Coast of the U.S. got all that snow, you should have thought about getting the spouse involved in mushing instead of winemaking. At least you would have got to work on time.

HeeHee. Still beats living in the city.

:D

Go gang. See you in Whitehorse, YT, Canada.

My wife and I had plans on going on an Alaskan cruise and land tour this spring. Unfortunately the dates we wanted to go 2 of our friends are getting married those 2 weekends. Maybe next year. All the photos of Alaska are breathtaking and others who I spoken to who have gone loved it.

You're right. It sure beats the city. Pittsburgh where we haven't had a plow on our street yet. % of us (3 over age 55) shoveled just so we could get out. Now over the night we gao an additional 8 + inches on top of the 22 we got Saturday.

No one has mentioned the latest storm apparently brewing and coming from Alaska (Arcticsid, you can keep this one) arriving ???? is suppose to be worse than the others. Hey it's winter.....enjoy.

Heck Troy. I figured you had those cats trained to pull a sled from the refrigerator to the lounger with beer. Come on man make those felines earn their keep.
Brad

My wife and I had plans on going on an Alaskan cruise and land tour this spring. Unfortunately the dates we wanted to go 2 of our friends are getting married those 2 weekends. Maybe next year. All the photos of Alaska are breathtaking and others who I spoken to who have gone loved it.

You're right. It sure beats the city. Pittsburgh where we haven't had a plow on our street yet. % of us (3 over age 55) shoveled just so we could get out. Now over the night we gao an additional 8 + inches on top of the 22 we got Saturday.

No one has mentioned the latest storm apparently brewing and coming from Alaska (Arcticsid, you can keep this one) arriving ???? is suppose to be worse than the others. Hey it's winter.....enjoy.

My wife and I did an Alaskan cruise last year at the end of May/beginning of June. Coming from the Buffalo NY area at the end of winter I had seen enough snow but in Alaska the mountains are still covered with it then. Granted it is beautiful but the high temps only reached the low 40's and it rained everyday. Not my kind of fun. Last month we did a weeks AI in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. 80 degree days,beaches, palm trees, Mayan ruin tours, fruity rum drinks with umbrellas in them, etc. That's my kind of fun from now on. Or maybe Caribbean cruise.
Larry

Back