Whoops!! Anybody have a jet car?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjr

Reaction score
Well I accidentally added sugar twice. Long story short had a few homebrew last night and got bored and noticed I had a empty one gallon and some apple juice added random amount of sugar and campden tab. and let sit until tonight then as I was adding sugar again tonight I read the hydrometer and couldn't believe what ive seen it said 1.160 haha I dont kno what to do now should I dump it? Ive read that the yeast will just die out extremely early i have red star montrachet and lalvin ec 1118 on hand. Or am I wasting my time to even attempt to making a somewhat enjoyable beverage?

What yeast did you start with ? - just wondering the ABV would be ?

Like Paul notes you can always use frozen apple concentrate after fermentation is complete and sorbate is added.

Our apple wine is typically 12 -14 % but I will typically add apple concentrate and let it sit for at least 1 year so it is not soo Hot .

Sour grapes only other empty carboy is a 1 gallon and vacuum pump I decided to use ec 1118 just because ive read its a fairly strong running yeast and on my math I'd end up with somewhere around 20 abv.... i was thinking of maybe making another cider with a low abv and combining the two?

Sour grapes only other empty carboy is a 1 gallon and vacuum pump I decided to use ec 1118 just because ive read its a fairly strong running yeast and on my math I'd end up with somewhere around 20 abv.... i was thinking of maybe making another cider with a low abv and combining the two?

Yes I would recommend it myself -

Do you recall what your hydrometer was prior to adding your yeast ?

The original was 1.160 I hadn't pitched any yeast till now I was letting the campden do it's thing but that's what ill probably do is make another weeker gallon

The original was 1.160 I hadn't pitched any yeast till now I was letting the campden do it's thing but that's what ill probably do is make another weeker gallon

can you make a double batch ? Just leave out the sugar in 2nd one

This process would definitely be the easiest if you just pitched the yeast or going to soon.

Latest posts

Back