Who Is Joe Mattioli?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoSnob

Reaction score
Joe Mattioli is credited with coming up with the classic ancient orange mead recipe which it seems the multitudes start with & then jump off from there. I even have a batch now fermenting, my first mead effort.

Hope I don't sound like the kid on Two And a Half Men who asked "Who Is This Vod Kanokers"?, but

Who is this Joe Mattioli? What do we REALLY know about him & where is he today?

NS

He is a guy on Gotmead.com who makes a lot of award winning meads. Dont knoiw much more than that.

Thanks Wade. I don't see much sign of him over there but I am not registered there yet.
NS

My first mead was a a 2 gallon batch using his recipe. Still have an unopened bottle that just turned 2 years old. IMHO, I could have used some acid to it but I was a very green wine maker 2 years ago. Still have a lot to lean which I do every day from here, friends and experimenting.

Here he is.

He's not very active, his last post seems to have been about 9 months ago.

Whether he has any notoriety outside the mead world, I don't know. Just that he developed a couple of good, basic and relatively quick compared to others recipes.

Latest posts

Back