Other Which kit brands are the best?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aljohnson85

Junior
Reaction score
I am getting ready to bottle my first batch of wine this weekend. So, I am very new to the whole thing. My first batch is Island Mist's Green Apple Riesling.
My only complaint is that it seems to be more like a winecooler. Pretty low ABV (6.5%).

I would like to make some more wine, but I want them to have a higher ABV (atleast 10%?) and be a bit more quality than the Island Mist.

So the question is, which wine brands has everyone had success with that's good for your money and also has a higher ABV. I tend to like sweeter, fruit wines, but I also enjoy White Zin, Riesling, Chardonnay...etc.

Thoughts?

Al, I answered an earlier post that you had and I listed a number of good kits, but their real advantage is for red wines. If you would like to try a line that makes a very nice white, is a big kit (i.e. 16 liters of juice) and is reasonably priced, try the Cellar Craft Premium line. I have made the Sauvignon Blanc and the Chardonnay/Semillon. Both turned out really well.

Here is a list of sweet whites from high gravity, just for comparison's sake, buy from wherever you prefer. HG has a good sorted search tool, but they don't carry every kit available.

http://www.highgravitybrew.com/prod...ory=73&VS5=0&VS6=0&VS21=0&VS16=0&VS22=0&VS7=0

I don't like sweet whites myself, but I think what Rocky said is true, if you're looking for higher quality, go for the kits with higher volume (15L or higher). However, I would say whites probably tolerate the concentration better than reds, and sweet whites likely hide more faults anyway. So you have a good chance of finding something good out there.

Latest posts

Back