Where can I find crushed grape packs?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lwrightjs

Reaction score
There's an old forums post about crushed grape packs but all of the options are unavailable or no longer in service. Does anyone know where to find them?

For the purposes of adding a grape pack to a kit or juice bucket I don’t think anything exists for online purchase aside from the one.

http://www.juicegrape.com/Mosti-Mondiale-All-Grape-Pack/

Mosti Mondiali all-grape pack. Courtesy of @heatherd who initially recommended.
It’s about 9lbs and perfect for kit additions. I’ve use it a couple times. In the past I did some digging curious of varietal and read the grapes were actually Pinot Noir.

For the purposes of adding a grape pack to a kit or juice bucket I don’t think anything exists for online purchase aside from the one.

http://www.juicegrape.com/Mosti-Mondiale-All-Grape-Pack/

Mosti Mondiali all-grape pack. Courtesy of @heatherd who initially recommended.
It’s about 9lbs and perfect for kit additions. I’ve use it a couple times. In the past I did some digging curious of varietal and read the grapes were actually Pinot Noir.
Nice. Thanks. 9lbs seems like a lot. Just 1 kit?
What's your experience with it? Do you do EMs?

Also.. How did you order these? I've gone through the whole checkout process and the shipping says "Will call (pickup)".

Nice. Thanks. 9lbs seems like a lot. Just 1 kit?
What's your experience with it? Do you do EMs?

Too much? If anything I’d want more! How big are the kits you’re making?

I don’t remember any issues when ordering. But was delivered like any other online purchase would be. Also- they’ve got great customer service. I spoke with them on the phone and they were very pleasant and accommodating.

Definitely not too much! It just seems like a lot. My kits are usually 5 or 6 gallons. Am I safe to assume it's the same size of the pack that comes with the high end kits.

I never went down the kit rabbit hole too far. Just a handful. But I think it’s fairly similar size as the kits included packs were. It’s packaged and sold specifically for this use. I used it in a kit once and also in a fresh juice bucket. And any extra grapes added to your ferment is nothing but a good thing.
In terms of amount - I think one is perfect to get what u wanna get out of it. Adding more would get expensive. And also start to alter the intended taste since Gpack is not chosen specifically for that kit and just a general pack. Tossing in 1 pack will give a little boost of color and body that your after.

Brewers Direct in Canada is selling a good crushed grape pack and they ship to US as well. I contacted them last year and they said that they ship this item internationally all the time because there is a lot of demand for it. They also said that a lot of people from the United States are buying it. I ended up using fresh grape skins for that batch, but I would have bought the pack if I didn't have another choice.
Check it out:
https://www.brewersdirect.com/product/crushed-grapes/

Brewers Direct in Canada is selling a good crushed grape pack and they ship to US as well. I contacted them last year and they said that they ship this item internationally all the time because there is a lot of demand for it. They also said that a lot of people from the United States are buying it. I ended up using fresh grape skins for that batch, but I would have bought the pack if I didn't have another choice.
Check it out:
https://www.brewersdirect.com/product/crushed-grapes/

I actually went here and tried to check out, but it said there was no shipping available to my location (the US). Do I need to reach out to them to have them ship?

I've emailed the juicegrape people, as well.

On a different note. Fresh skins don't seem like a bad idea. I'm guessing that I'd want to get my hands on some of those in the season though, right?

If you're interested, email Brewers Direct support and ask them. Maybe something changed since last year.
https://www.brewersdirect.com/contact/

I used fresh skins from 10 lbs of grapes that I purchased locally, at some Italian produce market. I ended up using some of the juice as well, but mostly the skins and seeds to add body and mouthfeel. I also added a couple of sliced bananas per gallon.

If you're interested, email Brewers Direct support and ask them. Maybe something changed since last year.
https://www.brewersdirect.com/contact/

I used fresh skins from 10 lbs of grapes that I purchased locally, at some Italian produce market. I ended up using some of the juice as well, but mostly the skins and seeds to add body and mouthfeel. I also added a couple of sliced bananas per gallon.

Gave them a call, it wasn't bad... only 45 dollars for shipping!

There are dried grape packs on eBay .. they are extra or unused packs from midrange wine kits ? .. GENUwine brand 125grams $ sub 10.00 Cdn. 3 left ..combined shipping ? ..

I have never used a grape pack .. do not know how many grams one would get if they dried 4kg of soggy grape skins .. but if one could front the shipping on a 4kg can in today's stunted shipping formats .. Maybe it would be of value to buy the three left in bulk .. item 113824495173 ..not my auction ...

"Net" says spinach is dehydrated 10 to 1 .. there are seeds in the crushed grapes that are not in spinach ... but 4000 grams becomes 400 ( if spinach) so 3x125gr is not far off the mark .. given a reduced shipping cost but increased purchase price ( not adjusted for seed weight ) .. now as I said no experience here .. tannin comes in teaspoon, so is the added color that skins may supply and the ambiance may make it worth it :)

I just bought a grape skin pack from the brewers direct in Winnipeg (sergeant ave.)
$18 for a 4 kilo box seemed like a pretty good deal to me :)

I'm guessing it must be a seasonal thing cause they don't always have them.

There are dried grape packs on eBay .. they are extra or unused packs from midrange wine kits ? .. GENUwine brand 125grams $ sub 10.00 Cdn. 3 left ..combined shipping ? ..

I have never used a grape pack .. do not know how many grams one would get if they dried 4kg of soggy grape skins .. but if one could front the shipping on a 4kg can in today's stunted shipping formats .. Maybe it would be of value to buy the three left in bulk .. item 113824495173 ..not my auction ...
Haven't been able to find these.

Put the item number in the search bar .. sold out of eBay Canada. The item number can be used in any eBay search, US , Canada , etc . I have purchased from this seller in the past .. These are units from Wine expert Kits .. I just verified the number will take you direct to the auction. I do not know site policy on auction links ..

No fuss no muss .. use them when you want to .. This seller has other items related to brewing , I have used him in the recent past , visit wine expert site for instructions on kits that contain dried skin packs for info on use etc. .. I bought a few of these for myself about 32 days ago. And some oak powder .. hope this helps you ..

Last edited:
If buying more than one .. put then in your cart on eBay so shipping is combined ... Canada Post or USPS will suck up your $ like a vacuum cleaner .....

Back