Whats your favorite cleaner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redskins

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am almost out of my small jar of PBW and will be starting my third batch here pretty soon. I was thinking of just getting PBW again but wanted to see if anyone had better results with another product. I did not have any issues with PBW so far.

The cleaners I recommend the most are Craftmeister's Alkaline Brewery Wash and Oxygen Brewery Wash, and Logic's One Step and Straight A. All work well and are competiting companys so the products are very close to the same. The Craftmeister products are a bit cheaper per ounce. I aldo carry PBW.
These are cleaners not sanitizers. For sanitizing use K-Meta (slupher based, best for wine making), Starsan (acid based) or Iodophor (iodine based).

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am almost out of my small jar of PBW and will be starting my third batch here pretty soon. I was thinking of just getting PBW again but wanted to see if anyone had better results with another product. I did not have any issues with PBW so far.

PBW is, of course, an excellent cleaner, but it's industrial / commercial grade - designed for challenging or problem cleaning. If you clean your equipment soon after use, I suggest you try something more like Easy Clean for general cleaning. It's far more economical.

Latest posts

Back