Whats the Legality.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok - I have a question related to this topic.

If I am making a kit for someone and not accepting any fee ($) can I legally accept a bottle or two of the finished product? What if he/she purchases an extra carboy that I end up keeping?

If they let you keep the carboy, you would be required to send it to me with pre-paid shipping on your end.

Otherwise you would end up guilt-ridden from having broken the law.

PM me for my shipping addy - :)

OH - I see. I send it to you and then its not a gift!! :br

Funny - I think I will give it to my wife then and will solve that little conundrum. Ok maybe I over-reacted on accepting equipment and a bottle or two for my troubles.

This arrangement is actually nice for me. I enjoy winemaking for any reason, so regardless of arrangements I'm having fun. I don't have an extra carboy but now I get one. The friend doesn't have to purchase all the equipment and clog up his basement. Good for all from what I see.

OH - I see. I send it to you and then its not a gift!! :br

Funny - I think I will give it to my wife then and will solve that little conundrum. Ok maybe I over-reacted on accepting equipment and a bottle or two for my troubles.

This arrangement is actually nice for me. I enjoy winemaking for any reason, so regardless of arrangements I'm having fun. I don't have an extra carboy but now I get one. The friend doesn't have to purchase all the equipment and clog up his basement. Good for all from what I see.

A win/win arrangement as I see it. I was recently asked to make wine and bottle as party favors for a friend. He said if I needed anything to let him know and he would cover the cost for me. I was planning picking up some better bottles for bulk aging as they are a little less expensive.

Latest posts

Back