What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs. WM81 and I got back from a beach weekend, and cooking was not on the agenda. Didn't want pizza or Chinese, and the local non-chain Italian has ridiculous prices for pasta ... looking at the list of local restaurants, we decided on a Japanese/Thai fusion restaurant which has excellent food. Didn't feel like sit down, so we got take out. The presentation at this restaurant is always beautiful, and even the takeout is pretty.

sushi.jpg

We both got a seaweed salad, and Mrs. WM81 got her beloved, chicken pad thai.

Mrs. WM81 and I got back from a beach weekend, and cooking was not on the agenda. Didn't want pizza or Chinese, and the local non-chain Italian has ridiculous prices for pasta ... looking at the list of local restaurants, we decided on a Japanese/Thai fusion restaurant which has excellent food. Didn't feel like sit down, so we got take out. The presentation at this restaurant is always beautiful, and even the takeout is pretty.

View attachment 111718

We both got a seaweed salad, and Mrs. WM81 got her beloved, chicken pad thai.
I have to say, Japanese- Thai fusion sounds like possibly the most unlikely combination imaginable, in terms of spice. Do they actually fuse them, or just have both separately?

I have to say, Japanese- Thai fusion sounds like possibly the most unlikely combination imaginable, in terms of spice. Do they actually fuse them, or just have both separately?
Most of the menu is one or the other, although they have specials where one is influenced by the other, and possibly other cuisines.

You gonna cook those first or gnaw on them just as they are?
Laughing So Hard Smiley

This rack of pork from Costco was dirt cheap and absolutely delicious. I guess you could say I did it 'Provencal style' - Dijon, garlic, EVOO, S&P, thyme and rosemary. Made a paste with all of that, scored the fat cap, spread the paste and let it sit for about 24 hours. On the pellet pooper at 450 for 15 minutes, then down to 300 until done. Roasted taters and a Mediterranean type salad. Great eats and plenty of leftovers.

IMG_1356.jpeg

IMG_1357.jpeg

Latest posts

Back