What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DiGiorno 4 cheese thin crust frozen pizza, added fresh mushrooms, onions, broccoli, EVOO and did it in the convec oven on baking stone at @ 425°. Pizza came out surprisingly good. However, my decades old Roshco baking stone didn't like a frozen pizza sitting on it. Not sure why, as I've baked plenty of frozen pizzas on it before. Guess I'll move on to a baking steel!!:mad:

1619352020790.png
1619352064564.png

Last edited:
Our first post vaccine (indoor) dinner with some BFF's last night! All parties are now fully vaxxed. Was so nice to once again sit together sans mask and free from worry. We have had a cool week and decided one last cool season dinner was in order. Tried out a new recipe that we will definitely make again and that was a "Sicilian Style Beef Stew". It was to die for good and easy to make. This was served over cheesy polenta instead of potatoes.

1619360677274.png

https://www.marthastewart.com/1162565/slow-cooker-sicilian-style-beef-stew

A few bottles of red were pulled from the cellar as well.

2012 Clos de Betz Bordeaux Blend (right bank)

1619360910162.png

Adelaida 2016 Red Rhone Blend "Anna's Red" (MGS)

1619360986105.png

2015 13th & Third "NMR" Paso Robles Rhone Blend (GMS)

1619361098320.png

The wife asked me to make chicken scallopine with pasta, and her request was fulfilled.

Simple recipe -- roll chicken cutlets in cornstarch, brown in butter & olive oil. Remove from pan. Add more cornstarch and brown it to make a roux. Add 1/2 bottle wine (in this case Winking Owl Sauvignon Blanc), seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, Costco no-salt seasoning) and sliced mushrooms. Let simmer 15 minute then add 1/2 cup chicken stock, bring to a simmer. Add the chicken to the pan and simmer on very low for 5 minutes.

View attachment 73740

View attachment 73739
Chicken's defrosting right now. Gonna give this a shot for dinner tonight! Sounds great!

Chicken's defrosting right now. Gonna give this a shot for dinner tonight! Sounds great!
This "recipe" (more a method than a recipe) works well with pork tenderloin, veal, and thinly sliced beef. Any wine can be used -- wife's favorites are Marsala and Orange-Chocolate Port. My sons like red wine, paprika, and a lot of onion to make it like a paprikash.

EDIT: fixed wording, it's Marsala OR Orange-Chocolate Port.

Last edited:
This "recipe" (more a method than a recipe) works well with pork tenderloin, veal, and thinly sliced beef. Any wine can be used -- wife's favorite is Marsala and Orange-Chocolate Port. My sons like red wine, paprika, and a lot of onion to make it like a paprikash.
Thanks for the tips!

I also was baking bread, so my oven was VERY crowded.

No bread pics?

giphy.gif

made up a couple of extra burritos to freeze last time we made them so pulled and cooked tonight but I made up a Tex mex rice using that stick of butter technique. Used 14oz can of diced tomatoes, blended into a stock with some beef stock up to 20 oz. Diced green chilies, frozen corn, seasonings and baked, Awesome!
Burrito&Rice.jpgtexmexrice.jpg

made up a couple of extra burritos to freeze last time we made them so pulled and cooked tonight but I made up a Tex mex rice using that stick of butter technique. Used 14oz can of diced tomatoes, blended into a stock with some beef stock up to 20 oz. Diced green chilies, frozen corn, seasonings and baked, Awesome!
View attachment 73878View attachment 73879

Looks great, Mike! I love what you've been doing with that rice recipe. We had a chicken version the other night, and I'm definitely going to try your Tex-Mex version.

Latest posts

Back