What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think JohnT's Porterhouse guy made it down to VA. They were on sale for $5.99/lb, so I grabbed a couple for dinner. Made a garlic paste and rubbed them lightly with that, then topped with S&P, thyme and marjoram. Thrown on a screaming hot grill over charcoal. Also had fresh bread and a store bought steamed veg/rice package that was surprisingly good. Washed it down with 2012 Ghost Pines Cabernet.

Had some great home cooked Korean beef (Kalbi) and kim bop (Korean sushi rolls). The fresh kimchi was amazing too.

10169269_10100587126485949_7069752099898450284_n.jpg

10599523_10100587126510899_878725825694125519_n.jpg

10636305_10100587126530859_7432330229031604598_n.jpg

Wow, quite a feast, Gary!

Greg: that kalbi looks awesome.

Boatboy:

Indeed a feast. I agree with you on the Korean BBQ. Man that Kalbi looks terrific.

How's your Amarone coming along? Any recent taste tests?
My CC Amarone is tasting darn good. I hope to bottle sometime before the end of the year.

My Korean friend made it. I don't know what she used for the sauce, but I'm sure you can get good recipes on the net. These were large chunks of beef short rib - not the ribs on the bones. It was cooked in a pot - not on a grill. And it also had large pieces of Korean daikon and sweet potatoes cooked with it.

Making a batch of my Minestrone soup. It is filled with garlic, veggies, noodles, beans, tomatoes and italian spices. It's an old recipe I used to make when I worked at a little restaurant. People would come in just to read the board and see if I was making it that day :)

Perfect for the first snowfall of the season.

Anybody that new Nationwide insurance commercial? The one with Peyton Manning..

There is one scene in it where he sings (to the nationwide theme song) "chicken parm you taste so good".. just before he bites into a chicken parm sandwich..

well that add agency hit the wall, but missed the target. After seeing that commercial a couple of times, all I could think about was chicken parm.

So I made a huge batch last night. Sorry, forgot to take a pic.

For lunch, I took the leftover flank steak from the other night, sliced it thin and sautéed it in EVOO with a little onion. I topped it with some provolone-mozzarella and served it on wheat toast with mayo, tomato and alfalfa sprouts. Mmmmmm!! Washed it down with the leftover Petit Sirah from this morning's wine chores.

Back