What's for Dinner?

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
We made a Cafe Zuni chicken! Yum. Plus roasted artichokes, braised kale (onions, red pepper flakes); and risotto (made, sadly, with ho-made pork stock.)

DSCN3552.jpg DSCN3554.jpg DSCN3557.jpg [/ATTACH]

Last edited:

ibglowin

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty good game. We just returned from a week in KC, MO a week ago. Mrs IB's folks live there. Needless to say everywhere you looked people were repping their favorite team. We went to a local dairy to pick up some artisan cheese and flavored milk. They even had KC Chiefs Cheese Curds! (red and white)

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Once AGAIN I found a good deal on genuine lamb rib chops. I dry-brined them, seared hard to medium rare, and served with powdered fennel and coriander. This was complemented by: leeks and fennel braised with ho-made beef stock; orzo cooked risotto-style (shallots, white wine, beef stock, pecorino cheese, parsley); and finally, a lot of garlic seasoned with some spinach sauteed in EVOO ;). This was washed down with some Syrah from grapes (Horse Heaven Hills) that had been open for a day, so was mellow and quaffable. It really paired nicely with the lamb.

DSCN3559.jpg DSCN3561.jpg DSCN3565.jpg

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
I'd be very honest, I never tried lamb....yeah go ahead and laugh...but your picture shows me is a good eat..!!

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be very honest, I never tried lamb....yeah go ahead and laugh...but your picture shows me is a good eat..!!
I can't laugh at you, I've never tried it either. I guess here in the midwest where I live Beef, Pork, and Chicken are just so much more plentiful, I never got a round tuit.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Except for Gyros I can't say I recall having it either although I must have at some time or another.

Kraffty

Reaction score
We have a couple of good BBQ joints locally, one is really excellent and has me rethinking the finished texture I want to end up with on both baby backs and brisket. I've always gone more towards fall apart or off the bone but now I'm trying for really tender but a slightly firmer texture. Pretty much nailed some baby backs yesterday, 3 hours at 240 in the smoker, 1-1/2 hour at 350 foil wrapped and brushed with BBQ sauce, beer and honey then about 20 mins at 450 opened up. Served with Potato salad and sauteed corn/red onion along side.
BabyBacks.jpg

Chuck E

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
We have a couple of good BBQ joints locally, one is really excellent and has me rethinking the finished texture I want to end up with on both baby backs and brisket. I've always gone more towards fall apart or off the bone but now I'm trying for really tender but a slightly firmer texture. Pretty much nailed some baby backs yesterday, 3 hours at 240 in the smoker, 1-1/2 hour at 350 foil wrapped and brushed with BBQ sauce, beer and honey then about 20 mins at 450 opened up. Served with Potato salad and sauteed corn/red onion along side.
I do mine just like you, if I have the time. 3 hours smoking (225F), 2 hours wrapped with "mopping" sauce(225F), and 1 hour unwrapped(225F).

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
View attachment 58684
Dang! Those look perfect!

Reaction score
View attachment 58684
I usually open up 2 beers when I make the sauce to put on the ribs. Then you have something to do while waiting around for the last 20-30 minutes -- Enjoy.

Kraffty

Reaction score
For Rub I used to put about everything I had in the pantry together and dump it on but I'm down to a really simple mix of mainly Salt, Pepper and Brown Sugar with a touch of Chili Powder, paprika, Chipoltley Powder and Ground Clove. That doesn't seem to "fight" with the flavors of the wet coatings later. I also meant to say originally that It's obviously the basic 3-2-1 cook method just tweaked a bit to try to fit my personal taste.

Group Builder