What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our old neighbors retired and left the area two years ago, but were in town, so we met up with them and a few other old neighbors. I had the fish tacos, as did a few others. Taco Tuesday is alive and well.

Made some of my "Poor Man's 'Veal' Piccata" for tomorrow night's dinner. Great recipe if you want to try it. It is made with pork tenderloin and represents a huge savings over veal.
Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin
Eggs, beaten or Eggbeaters for breading
2 C Italian breadcrumbs
1 C Flour
1 t. Garlic, granulated, or to taste
Parsley, 1 cup chopped
2 T Capers
1/4 C Lemon juice
1/2 C White wine
2 T Butter
Olive oil, as needed for frying
S&P, to taste
Recipe: Slice tenderloin into 1" rounds, pound to about 1/4 to 3/8" thick. Season flour with Salt, pepper and garlic. Dredge pork in flour, shake off excess and dip in eggs, then breadcrumbs. Brown on both sides in hot oil in frying pan and place browned cutlets into baking dish. Deglaze frying pan with lemon juice, wine and butter. Add capers. Cook down sauce until you can not detect alcohol from the wine. Spoon sauce over cutlets. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Enjoy with same white wine used for deglazing. Great with Rice pilaf, steamed Broccoli and a salad.
Note: Picture shows 2 pork tenderloins and is the recipe up to the point of baking.
100_1404.JPG

Made some of my "Poor Man's 'Veal' Piccata" for tomorrow night's dinner. Great recipe if you want to try it. It is made with pork tenderloin and represents a huge savings over veal.
Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin
Eggs, beaten or Eggbeaters for breading
2 C Italian breadcrumbs
1 C Flour
1 t. Garlic, granulated, or to taste
Parsley, 1 cup chopped
2 T Capers
1/4 C Lemon juice
1/2 C White wine
2 T Butter
Olive oil, as needed for frying
S&P, to taste
Recipe: Slice tenderloin into 1" rounds, pound to about 1/4 to 3/8" thick. Season flour with Salt, pepper and garlic. Dredge pork in flour, shake off excess and dip in eggs, then breadcrumbs. Brown on both sides in hot oil in frying pan and place browned cutlets into baking dish. Deglaze frying pan with lemon juice, wine and butter. Add capers. Cook down sauce until you can not detect alcohol from the wine. Spoon sauce over cutlets. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Enjoy with same white wine used for deglazing. Great with Rice pilaf, steamed Broccoli and a salad.
Note: Picture shows 2 pork tenderloins and is the recipe up to the point of baking.
View attachment 58528

Looks really good, Rocky. I am a big lemon/butter/caper/garlic fan, but rarely make a "real" piccata dish. (I often use that sauce on roasted broccoli!) I think I will have to give your pork medallions a try!

I am titling this tableau:
"Taco Tuesday Falls on a Monday: The Aftermath."

View attachment 58515

Paul, I see you are all members of the "Clean Plate Club." I joined that long ago when "the poor people in Europe" were starving and to this day I cannot leave anything on my plate, even if I don't particularly care for it. May be part of the reason I am so "gravitationally enriched."

I love Banh Mi. What did you use for 'meat'?

I have a great walnut paté recipe that I used. I also used some soy curls (think like chicken strips) seasoned with lemongrass as a meat filler. I did make my own pickled carrot and daikon and made the baguettes myself. A little sriracha mayo (vegan), cucumber and cilantro finished it off.

Aww, I totally should have taken a picture of the raw chops before cooking! Anyway, I made roasted globe artichokes (EVOO, lemon); green beans (parboiled, reheated with butter and strong blue cheese); redskin potatoes (quartered, roasted in EVOO, doused with minced garlic, and served with chopped mint leaves); and beautiful genuine lamb rib chops. Just seasoned a bit with S&P, then seared hard in butter, and then seasoned again with coriander and fennel powder. Dee-lish!

DSCN3534.jpg

Cooking pork chops and not sure if on the grill outside or my wife style..lol
She cooks the chops in the stove in a pan with a little bit of water and pretty much boils them so they get tender. From there I usually put mine in a small oven to give it some color.

Getting ready for the big game. Knocking out the brisket today. Will wrap it and then rest it in the cooler overnight and warm it up tomorrow in the oven and slice it. Doing some Kansas City style spare ribs and smoking some ho-made snausage tomorrow.

View attachment 58567

Do you think Mike (@ibglowin ) will gloat? I think he will gloat. Discuss!

Latest posts

Back