What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight will be:

Traditional Caesar Salad with home-made Caesar parmegean dressing and herbed croutons (served with a 2011 Vidal Blanc), followed by:

London Broil Al'Koz, with seasoned twice-baked potatoes and white-wine sautéed asparagus spears (served with a 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon), finally:

Triple Chocolate (and fudge) Cake with mint creamed cheese icing (served with a 2012 Moscato).

Captain, (Boatboy)

Well, since its so nice out we are probably going to rock out dinner (and I think there may be the addition of Lobster tails as well) and watch the Caps destroy the Hurricanes of NC! I'll tip a glass to the Great 8!

Hoozah!

Captain, (Boatboy)

Well, since its so nice out we are probably going to rock out dinner (and I think there may be the addition of Lobster tails as well) and watch the Caps destroy the Hurricanes of NC! I'll tip a glass to the Great 8!

Hoozah!

He could hit the 400 goal mark tonight.

Hey WineMusician - you should check out the 'What's For Dinner?' thread. That's where most of us share our pairings. We've got some amazing cooks on this forum.

paul that looks great man... justin was just here, along with the summer sausage you send, thank you very much.....
we had a glass of wine and I told him i wanted to put together a care package of about a case of wine, and some other things here that u cant get up there.
I am sorry we did not have blue crab on the truck when it was there , it was a bad season and suppliers were limited...the people in maryland pay more for the crab then we do in texas so they get the bulk of it from the gulf.
Imagine that, maryland blue crab from the gulf of mexico..been happeing for years.
Any how.....if you have not had crab claws fried, are baked in butter..you are missing out...hope we have some for you next year.

thought i had thoughted out chicken last night , it was steak..
took out steak today, it was chicken....have to get my labeling done better.
double dipped fried chicken,taters,gravy,and brussel sprouts.

Double dipped fried chicken, wild rice medley, creamy cucumber salad, and homemade honey dill dip. With a nice glass of Cab/Merlot/Garnacha.

Am craving lamb like a mad thing lately, will have to go exploring at the butcher shop soon!

hey, u cant have double dipped fried chicken...thats what i am having...with rice/gravy and brussel sprouts...
besides...you cant taste anything....lol
u go girl

Just be on the safe side -- make chicken-fried steak! ;)

I did not know that about Marylanders buying Gulf crab. Well, I suppose the Gulf is a lot bigger than the Bay. I'd love to try the claws the way you suggested.

Your proposed CARE package sounds lovely, but please don't feel obligated. Sharing regional specialities is nice, though!

Chinese take out. Spring rolls and shrimp with lobster sauce. Washed down with Eclipse Sauv Blanc.

Boat boy, how is the eclipse SB? I am two months into bulk aging mine. How long did you age before cracking open a bottle? GWand.

Tonight will be:

Creamed Cheese Mushroom Koz Poppers with creamy cilantro dipping sauce (served with a 2011 Sauvignon Blanc), followed by:

Red wine Coq-au-Koz with steamed vegetables and white-wine rice medley and home-made sourdough crusts (served with 2010 Malbec), finally:

Sweet and Savory Fruit Salad (served with 2012 White Zinfandel).

been cooking home made chilli since this morning...smell excellent.
big bowl, cheese,chopped onions....and lots of crackers....
mans meal......

We did latkes with apple sauce and sour cream, fruit salad, and spicy dilly beans. Easy, yummy and perfect for a bloody cold day.

Smoked ham that I injected with rum, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg,and some cloves. It will be in the smoker for about 3 hours, just to warm it through and give it a nice smoky taste. Scalloped potatoes, salad, green bean casserole, garlic shrimp pasta, homemade cranberry sauce, death by chocolate, pink salad, and something my son-in-law is bringing. Plus lots of wine.

Latest posts

Back