What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why doesn't somebody here with metal working skills mock up an insert to fit the 22" Weber grill and turn it into one of cool grills from Denmark! Seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to do if cut to size to fit onto the Weber's internal grill inserts. ::

Do you mean the Dutch grill I posted?

I had the brainwave to realize that, although I wouldn't be able to fabricate that nice round one, I probably could weld up a square one... Maybe that is a project for this summer. :r

Well since this is just a dream dinner I would go with a Pinot Noir. Enough tannin to stand up to the steak yet delicate enough to work with the crab!

And to finish off the "bum-out" of those of us not eating ribeyes and crab legs, what wine are you serving with all of this decadent cholesterol ridden fodder?

Simple roasted, salted chicken; roasted green cauliflower with coriander; zucchini sticks coated with herbed panko+parmesan and roasted; and a risotto made with ho-made lamb stock, fresh marjoram, and feta cheese.

Well since this is just a dream dinner I would go with a Pinot Noir. Enough tannin to stand up to the steak yet delicate enough to work with the crab!

If this is a "Dream-meal" then we need to kick your dreams up a notch. .

I would break the meal up into two courses.

First, the crab leg course, (legs from king grab flown in live on my private jet) paired with a nice a nice Domaine Ramonet Montrachet Grand Cru poured by gorgeous, scantily clad blond women. I would take care to only select women who's hair matches perfectly with the wine.

For the prime rib course (Wagyu that was dry aged on my private yacht while sailing from Japan to my own private estate in Tuscany) I would go with a nice Château Lafite-Rothschild (no younger than 20 years) poured by even more scantily clad and gorgeous brunettes.

Then the meal would be finished off with a very nice Chateau d'Yquem (no younger than 50 years old) served by the undertaker who will be called soon after my wife seeing the wine servers.

The wife wanted me to try something new on Saturday. She saw a picture of stuffed shells and wanted that.

I have NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN MORE FUSTRATED!!!!

The recipe said to 1/2 cook them and to place them into cold water.

I started out trying to stuff those slippery little suckers with a spoon. Trying to hold them (without them slipping out of my hands), opening them (they kept closing up on me) and stuff them (more of the filling caked on the outside of the shells), only resulted in a big mess.

I really wanted to slam the whole thing into the nearest wall.

Is there a trick? Any tips on how to stull them?
I did end up using a ziplock bag with the corner cut off (as a piping bag) and things went a little better, but they still were a complete PITA!!!
No pictures of the shells. I had filling all over my hands.

On Sunday I made some 3 meat chili and corn bread. I have not made chili all winter and this one came out fantastic!

IMG_20170402_172417_904.jpg

The wife wanted me to try something new on Saturday. She saw a picture of stuffed shells and wanted that.

I have NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN MORE FUSTRATED!!!!

The recipe said to 1/2 cook them and to place them into cold water.

I started out trying to stuff those slippery little suckers with a spoon. Trying to hold them (without them slipping out of my hands), opening them (they kept closing up on me) and stuff them (more of the filling caked on the outside of the shells), only resulted in a big mess.

I really wanted to slam the whole thing into the nearest wall.

Is there a trick? Any tips on how to stull them?
I did end up using a ziplock bag with the corner cut off (as a piping bag) and things went a little better, but they still were a complete PITA!!!
No pictures of the shells. I had filling all over my hands.

On Sunday I made some 3 meat chili and corn bread. I have not made chili all winter and this one came out fantastic!

You just about figured out the filling part, we just use a cake decorators icing bag with the appropriate tip. To hold slippery shells, try a small, clean hand towel, it'll keep them from running away and spinning in your hand.

Indeed, that looks better than quotidian. Lox of luck!

:HB

Search Results:
quo·tid·i·an
kwōˈtidēən/
adjective
of or occurring every day; daily.
"the car sped noisily off through the quotidian traffic"

ordinary or everyday, especially when mundane.
"his story is an achingly human one, mired in quotidian details"
synonyms: daily, everyday, day-to-day, diurnal

Though not technically Lox, since it was cooked with heat and smoke, I'd enjoy it no matter what you call it.

One of the perks of smoking up some salmon for the boys...it was delicious start to a Mundane morning.

Indeed, that looks better than quotidian. Lox of luck!

:HB

Search Results:
quo·tid·i·an
kwōˈtidēən/
adjective
of or occurring every day; daily.
"the car sped noisily off through the quotidian traffic"

ordinary or everyday, especially when mundane.
"his story is an achingly human one, mired in quotidian details"
synonyms: daily, everyday, day-to-day, diurnal

Though not technically Lox, since it was cooked with heat and smoke, I'd enjoy it no matter what you call it.

Okay, as a bonus, Craig: Can you tell me for what word perk is a shortened form?

Okay, as a bonus, Craig: Can you tell me for what word perk is a shortened form?

Honestly, no, not without an internet search. Closest thing I can dream up is percolate, as in coffee. But that doesn't make much sense meaning wise. I'll leave it unanswered so someone else can guess, honestly, without searching for it first.

Latest posts

Back