What wine did you serve for Thanksgiving

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
I'll go first. Started with bubbles, not mine. Then my CC Yakima Pilot Grigio with apps. Followed by my 2011 MMMegilioli Amarone and 2012 WE skins Nero D'Avola. Finished with last year's Meyer Lemoncello.
How bout y'all?

tmp_20131128_192249-1278179388.jpg

Last edited:
Ended up not drinking my own. Started at my parents place where my brother in law brought a 2010 Groth Cab. Then Dad broke out a 2005 Pride Cab. Both were fantastic. Then to sister in law's place where we had a few different Sauv Blancs and Pinot Noirs. Finished the evening with banana cream pie and "two fingers" of Eagle Rare. Then had my wife drive me home. :d

started off with 3 bottles of peach blush, then some one broght 3 kinds of
ciroc vodka, peach,amereto,berry.....after all the shots, we opened blackberry port, followed by some 40 creek.
I have a bad hangover...cya

Began with a 2000 Jensen Calera Pinot noir And 2007 Donum Russian River Pinot with turkey. Then we opened 1996 Joseph Phelps Insignia and 2007 zenuto Amarone with the venison roast. Had a 2000 Myrat sauterne with dessert. Designated drivers were a great idea.

This was the best wine I have ever had in my life (which, admittedly, is not a high bar). How was it?

It was terrific: dates, blackcherries, soft tannins. And 2007 was a wonderful vintage. Given how high priced Amarone can be this was a good value. In my typical stupid style I only bought one bottle and now I regret not having more. I am glad you enjoyed it too.

Began appetizers with left-over King Estates Pinot Noir, then with smoked turkey from my grill a Coppola Pinot Noir. Saving the best for the last, there was my own Pinot Noir. It was followed after dinner with my orange chocolate port. All in all, a good day!

NS

Began with a 2000 Jensen Calera Pinot noir And 2007 Donum Russian River Pinot with turkey. Then we opened 1996 Joseph Phelps Insignia and 2007 zenuto Amarone with the venison roast. Had a 2000 Myrat sauterne with dessert. Designated drivers were a great idea.
Wow! Insignia, impressed.

My sister and I wanted to taste test our wines, as we only began making wines this past August...we started with a quad Dragon's Blood, then went to her choke cherry/grape and tested it against my choke cherry/apple, both were tasty, hers a little sweeter....then we tasted my plum, which I just clarified and really needs to sit another 2-4 months, but as we both like dry reds we decided it was fine just the way it was!!! The grand finale was a pinto noir which she made from a kit, she just bottled and it should sit for 42 more days, but there was a half bottle left, so we had to taste test it! And decided the pinot noir will be awesome if it got any better! All in all a great Thanksgiving...there was some turkey somewhere in the midst of all the wine!:)

I took my apple/ginger/lemon to both households and got nice reviews even from the inlaws. Aside from my wife and me there aren't too many win drinkers on either side. I'm not a huge turkey fan but I thought it paired nicely.

I finally have enough of a variety of wines made that all the wine consumed yesterday were mine. We had my "house" Merlot a VDV, my mother-in-law likes it alot and its cheap to make. A Reisling. My first fruit wine from scratch, Cranberry, it was a big hit and complimented the turkey well. Finally for desert last years vintage of Chocolate Raspberry Port. Bakervinyard

Latest posts

Back