WineXpert What is the best white 10 liter kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mharris335

Reaction score
I am looking for a white kit that I can drink for summer. I have made
the WE Symphony and loved it, but it took some time for it to get good,
6 months or so. I want good amount of fruit, dry, crisp, and clean.
Does anyone have any good ideas?

I would choose a Pinot Grigio, Sauv Blanc or Soave. Either World Vinyard by WE or Vinifera by Mosti.

I love Pinot Grigio as a summer lemony, crisp acid, sitting on the deck wine.
I like Sauvignon Blanc as either a sipper or with grilled chicken! Goes great with lots of mild dishes.
Soave, is light, crisp, and what I call a quaffer. A dry white that can be gulped. Almost beats corona on a hot day, but be aware this is very light.

I just bottled a 10L World Vineyard Italian Pinot Grigio tonight and it definitely has the potential to be a very decent wine with some time in the bottle. It was bulk aged for about 6 weeks and I plan to give it at least 3 months before trying it again. I am getting ready to order one of the Vinifera Noble kits as I have heard great things about them. I think for the price and selection I would probably go with the Mosti kits unless you see something in the WV that you have to have. I have heard that they almost compare to the WE Selection kits which are 15L kits. Either way, I have heard that the smaller kits can make a fairly decent white wine and it's the red kits that really need to be bigger. Let us all know what you decide and your results down the road.

Thank you both. I just tryed my WE Symphony I made in July of
last year. It was shut down with little fruit or smell. I
know it will come back and be great, but I want a wine this summer to
drink. That's why I am wanting a white wine that does not shut
down like the bigger whites. It does not matter weither its WE or
Mosti, what ever is the best one.

Latest posts

Back