What are you doing for Halloween??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
So what are you planning?

Since leaving NY, we really haven't done much for Halloween, which we miss. Up there, we owned a huge old Victorian house with a huge 20 X 20 Foyer with the stairs that went up stairs and a hidden door in the back of the room that was a pass through hallway in to kitchen. We would close off the room from the rest of the house and created a maze using black plastic. In the maze we used smoke machines, a casket from the funeral director down the road, very loud music, a few skeletons from the community college where my Father inlaw worked and black lights at every corner. It was a great time, and every year we would try to change it to keep the neighborhood kids surprised. We stopped the last few years that we were there because kids, as they grew older also grew stupid and decided that they would pull the plastic down as they walked through the maze.

So the last couple of years we would set a table up out on the lawn. There we served hot apple cider, coffee, soda, kool aid and once we did beer for the Dads, along with fresh made doughnuts right out of the fryer. The parents could put whatever topping they wanted on them, chocolate, powdered sugar/sugar miz, or a sour cream glaze. We would have more parents at our house than we would kids, which was GREAT!!!!

We are thinking of doing that again this year. We did it once since we lived here, and the parents loved it. It makes for a nice stopping place for parents and Kids to refresh, grab a bite and get a drink of something warm, or cold............ Parents never realize that the kids will have to go pee, till they are almost a block away............

We really dont get anyone around her since the community center has a big bash every year now. Last year we had 8 people come to our door. We had so much candy left over we didnt what to do with it. I will have the light on and some candy in case but no where near as much as last year and I hope I dont get caught off guard.
8_1_233.gif
8_1_220.gif
8_1_232.gif
8_1_213.gif
39_6_1.gif
8_1_221.gif
8_1_223.gif
8_1_204.gif
8_1_228.gif
8_1_216.gif
8_1_214.gif
36_22_3.gif
8_1_205.gif
8_1_229.gif
8_1_203.gif
8_1_201.gif

Edited by: wade

No beer this year...... Not a big beer drinker....

How about Wine and doughnuts? I didn't think of that........... HMmmmm......

What would go good with Pumkin Doughnuts (NO, Not Dunkin Doughnuts)

I'm thinken,........ White....... Sweet (er)............ Nope... Aint got nothin....

When I was in Sonoma this spring one of the wineries was sampling chocolate covered doughnut holes with the Cab. Yum-O- Rama!

I will be dressing up for work in my standard witch costume. I'll leave work a few hours early so I can be home before our goblins show up for treats. We get a good number of trick-or-treaters here as we're in a small town. I think adults have killed a lot of the fun of Halloween for kids, always worried about this or that. They've sanitized it.
smiley19.gif
I like to scare kids by asking them what candy they brought for me! That gets them nervous!
One year it was not as cold as usual and I sat in a rocker near the front door with the candy bowl in my lap. I was sitting very still when the young girl and her mom came up the sidewalk. The little girl wouldn't come near me and the mom said, "It's okay, it's not real." The girl still wouldn't advance so the mom came up to get some candy out of the bowl. As she reached into the bowl I said, "What do you mean I'm not real?" You should have seen that mom jump! One of my finer Halloween moments.
smiley36.gif

But I'm always generous with the candy and make a fuss over the costumes.

My son had a costume party to go to so I took a pic of him and thought some of you might get a kick out of it if you can remember my dog getting sprayed so many times last year and once this year. The dog seemed pretty interested in the buisiness end of him!
20071021_110401_Skunk_1.jpg

20071021_110740_Skunk_2.jpg

He sure is cute wade!Do they all look like that.
smiley36.gif
Here is our Grandson in his "dimeasur" suit. He had to put it on to show Grandma and Grandpa.

100_1350.jpg

100_1351.jpg

With some like those coming to the door I might have to run and hid.Edited by: swillologist

WOW, like looking into a mirror with a different costume on. Is he a terror like mine is? My daughter is the angel and he, well lets just say he keeps me on my toes!
smiley15.gif

He's pretty good for Grandpa. I don't know how he is for Mom and Dad. I sure have fun with him. His brother is a little shy. It takes longer for him to warm up to us.

100_1354.jpg

I think when he get a little older. He will be alright with us. Oh! He's supposed to be a lion.Edited by: swillologist

I thought he wa a flower ready to bloom. I was expecting Ramona or Medpretzel to step in and make a wine out of him!
smiley36.gif

Here is my daughter with the ballroom dancer costume that she just had to have along with the jewelry. Notice her cat having a blast on the kithen table. Kind of fits in with the Halloween theme.
20071022_171642_Megan.jpg

I love to see al the kids in their outfits, they are so cute.

Just think Wade, in 10 or 12 years, all she'll need is a vale for that dress and you'll have yourself a son in law.

Brings back lots of great memories seeing all them little ones in there costumes.
smiley1.gif

Sure is a good looking young lady you have there wade. It won't be long before the boys will be knocking on your door. Now don't you be doinglike a neighbor we had whenI was young. He made wine also. He would take the boys to the basement and fill them up with wine. Then he would send them home.
smiley36.gif
They would hardy ever come back. I don't know if it was the hang over or their parents won't let them go back. You probably couldn't do that now a days.The parentswould probably sue you.

When my brother was in college he and a good friend went "trick or drinking" at the homes of friends. It worked out quite well for them!
smiley4.gif

When the boys come over Ill be on the couch in my underpants cleaning my guns!
10_7_8.gif
14_6_12.gif

Latest posts

Back