Went to the Farmers Market this morning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Jobe, Here is the little crusher I got the other day. It is sitting ona 20 gallon food grade canister I am going to catch them in after crushing. Nothing fancy but I didn't want to spend much because I'm going to get a crusher/destemmer after I have saved up my pennies(but before next years harvest).

20070826_071109_100_3367_Small.JPG

20070826_071203_100_3369_Small.JPG

That's what I thought you had, attached to your press, except it was a wooden one? I didn't go back to try to find the post, but I thought thats what you had. I'm looking at a crusher and press now for $250, all wood except the frame.

20070826_074008_c374_1.JPG

I would try to motorize the grinding mechanism, hand cranking 4 or 5 bushels of apples has to be tiring

Edited by: jobe05

This is the type of press I have. The grinder can be detached. I have motorized mine and it really makes it easier and quicker, although I can easily put the handle back on for the true grinding experience.
smiley36.gif

lgjpress1.jpg

I hope those were cheaper there than here. I was in the farmers market up the street a few days ago. $2.99 a pound for local grown muscadines! And psssssst. they tasted just like a grape.
smiley36.gif

The vendors were selling them for $1.99 per pound, I got mine for $32 for a 20 pound box, so about a $1.55 a pound. They are all ripe, some more than others so I have had no waste on green ones, and maybe on all 80 pounds I had 1 pound of either bad or squashed.

Latest posts

Back