well, I've been evicted

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my shed! 16 x 24 - 2 story!
Installing electric now. Next is to insulate and drywall. Not sure if I will run water line, or just hook-up to a hose when I need it.

looks like a doll house! Are you sure it's a shed?:) Good Job

That was the wife's idea. The inside is all mine.
All my wine will go in here, plus JohnT's idea...two recliners and big screen.:D

Here's my shed! 16 x 24 - 2 story!
Installing electric now. Next is to insulate and drywall. Not sure if I will run water line, or just hook-up to a hose when I need it.

Please tell me you have a basement in there!

Only kidding. Green with envy over here. That looks awesome.

Hahaha! No, but if you look around the foundation, you can see some loose stone. I Have a persistent groundhog who wants to excavate a basement for me.
I finally had to dig out the stone, put down hardware cloth to keep him out. I set a Hav-a-hart trap for him last year, but caught a skunk instead.

Just a suggestion. Put in a water line and a 1/2 bath. Are you on your own septic system? If so, and hooking to the house is not an option, put in a separate tank and 50 feet of drain. With no shower, a large field is not needed.
My "shed" is 36X54 and 1/4 is partitioned and heated. The rest holds my toys.
:try

I think at 36 x 54 a shed just doesn't seem to be the right term to use!:D

Actually, I am only about 20 feet from the septic system, so I guess I could run a line over to it.
Right now I have my Kayak and my Zodiac stored in there. The Kayak is hung from the rafters.

My "shed" is 36X54 and 1/4 is partitioned and heated. The rest holds my toys.
:try

Amen, Reefman. The footprint of Barry Jo's shed is about 2.5 times that of my (very comfortable) house! :ft :b

Amen, Reefman. The footprint of Barry Jo's shed is about 2.5 times that of my (very comfortable) house! :ft :b

Cool it, guys. When we decided to put up a building, THE WIFE said "make sure it is big enough. When I started looking at plans, she says "will that be big enough???". It is all her fault.
And no, you can't borrow her!!:sm
And BTW, the shed is bigger than the house!!

You must be refering to the "city" definition of shed. Out here in the country, we build them a bit larger. In the unheated side, I have an 18 foot boat, a Jeep, a JD garden tractor, 40-50 cases of wine bottles. 3 workbenches, a fridge, and various other things needed for a 2 acre lot.
So the heated part is just a small part where I make wine, build fishing tackle, have a 1/2 bath and 3 more workbenches. It is getting crowded!!!!
Sure glad I am retired.:fsh

Still empty, it arrived last week on the day I was leaving for vacation. It is 12 x 24 with a built in 10' work bench and wrap around overhead shelf. Will most likely use this one for storage and get another one next year for wine making. Nothing fancy but should get the job done.

Storage building.jpg

Nice,

Mine has the door on the side. They told me by putting it on the end you actually loose wall height. Mine has 2 6ft lofts, I can't wait until it gets here.

Folks,

When using sheds, do any of you folks have a heater or AC to control the temperature?

Seems like it will get mighty cold in the shed during winter, and rather hot in the summer.

I picked up this one from Costco last Summer and got it together finally in the Fall LOL. 8" x 12" for $1099 delivered. It doesn't come with shingles so add another ~$300 for roofing materials. This has a loft, nice shelf along the back and rafters that you could hang stuff on or in and plenty of room to store all my big equipment (crusher/destemmer, press, primaries, carboys, empty bottles (of which I have more than I could ever fill) LOL

20120830_120948.jpg

Folks,

When using sheds, do any of you folks have a heater or AC to control the temperature?

Seems like it will get mighty cold in the shed during winter, and rather hot in the summer.

Before I sheetrocked the walls, I had a neighbor spray foam insulation, in the "inhabited" area. 1 1/2-2". Also installed 3 radiant heat units up near the ceiling. Would have loved to have in-floor heat but didn't plan that far ahead. A small window AC unit cools in the summer.

So you folks have electric service to the sheds? Nice! That is not so easy to get past in our town. They want to call to call the shed "living space" when either electric or water service is connected, and tax you accordingly.

I also plan to run power to mine, $50 for the building permit and another 50 for the electric

Back