Welch's Request

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of weeks ago I added some sparkolloid </font>per the instructions on the bottle. It has cleared some but is still very hazy. I am wondering about temperature. It has been warm here this summer and I don't have AC. Even being in my basement, the temps in the room I am working in are around 79. Is this too warm for good clearing?
IMG00119-20100801-2007.jpg

I don't think you have a problrm with the temp. It really does'nt need to get much warmer though. Did you degass the wine real good before adding the fining agent?? Sometimes if co2 is still in the wine it will not clear completely. you could try degassing it and give it some time or get some Superkleer and try it ( works very well for me )

BOB

That's hot for the northland. I try to keep my wine room at 72, 70 when fermenting. looking at the picture it appears it needs more time, sediment appears to be going down. give it more time, winemaking isn't for the impatient.
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back