WineXpert WE SE Mosel Valley Gewurztraminer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoSnob

Reaction score
A quick comment about this wonderful wine. I pitched the yeast 11/30/11 & fermented & aged in my Tiny Winery, the coolest (and unheated) room inside my home, around 68-70 F. Topped up with a Fetzer Mendocino Gewurztraminer. Bottled a few weeks ago and it is already superb. Unfiltered, it is very clear and slightly sweet, finished at SG 1.004 & pH 3.2. We have cooked with it, enjoyed it by itself and with food. I am mostly a red wine drinker. The hardest part about dealing with this wine was learning to spell it!

Suppose this will actually improve with age?
NS

Steve I follow the classic pronunciation of German e's as A's and w's as V's and i's as E's. That would make it something like Ga vurtz/ tra mee ner I see why they call it G-Wine!
NS

Steve I follow the classic pronunciation of German e's as A's and w's as V's and i's as E's. That would make it something like Ga vurtz/ tra mee ner I see why they call it G-Wine!
NS

I've heard people call it just give it the short name "Ga-vur-tee"...but I think it just sounds a lot cooler to say it like a German would!

I did the Paklab Gewurz and so far it is lovely. I call it GeeWurz and I think it is the best white going. I like spicy wine.

If you are ever wondering how a word is pronounced just go onto Webster's website and type in the word. Just press on the speaker and it will pronounce the word.
The "Gwertz" is an excellent wine. We made the Mosel Vally last summer but I have to warn you about any expectations of it getting better with age. It won't last that long! It's such a great wine we can't stand to put it aside to age. Iguess it's time for another batch.

RC

Latest posts

Back