Walkers Juice or Home Winery concentrates?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnash

Junior
Reaction score
I have made wine for a good many years but always from fruit. Wild muscadine, domestic muscadine, peaches, grapes, tomatoes, onions, hot peppers, raisins, wild elderberries,raspberries, blueberries and cocoa powder. May have missed 2 or 3 but you get the point. Now I find myself wanting to try the juice or concentrate route. I dont know the pros and or cons between single strength juice vs concentrates. opinions please.

Never used walkers but www.homewinery.com make some good stuff. Their 1/2 gallon jugs make 5 gallons of wine. But if you want more flavor then only add 4 gallons of water instead of 4 1/2. It’ll have better flavor.

I, like dralarms make a lot of Homewinery Wine. But I use one pint of concentrate per gallon. Just made 12 gallons yesterday using 3 of their half gallon jugs. We love it. Roy ps I need to stir !image.jpg

Walker's is outstanding a good quality product but it comes at a price but they do have a good quality product no matter what you buy.

Easy to make good quality finished product at the end Ive made ton of them over the yeàr

I've used Walker's a lot. The juices are good quality but you won't get the body in them that you would using actual fruit. So for white wines, no problem there, it is great. It is the dry reds that will be very fruity and missing something.

I live about 20 minutes away from the Home Winery store in Michigan. I have history going back to my dad taking me with him to the store in the 70's when he made wine. I've made 15-20 batches from their concentrates. They are VERY, VERY good when making a country wine. Since these are typically sweetened, I order an extra pint to go with my half gallon, make a five-gallon batch, then back sweeten with the pint after sorbate. This adds both sweetness and body.

Since I like my grape wines to be dry and fuller bodied, I have switched to juice buckets instead of using their concentrate. Next step...grapes.

Latest posts

Back