Mosti Mondiale volume problems

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wray

Reaction score
I started my MM barolo on 03/29. The juice+grape pack would not fit into my primary(71/2 gal.)I had to divide it into 2 primarys and use 1/2 of hydrated yeast into each primary.I poured them into each other several times to insure even mixing of yeast and grape-pack.Today (04/03)i transfered both into a 6 gal. Italian carboy after adding oak chips.I say transferred because I couldnot rack due to grapepack residue clogging hoses. The carboy would not hold all the volume and I had enough excess to fill a 1/gal.carboy.I would advise any one to put grapepack into a mesh bag.All under airlock now. O.G.1.997, S.G. now 1.001. Any one else have these problems with this kit?

You should have only 6 gallons plus a grape pack in a fermenting bag. It easily fits in a 7.5 gallon primary. Did you measure correctly?

nothing to measure or add. just poured juice from bag and added grape pack.

this is a 23L kit. no water to add.also, no bag for grape pack. this was a real pain. if this was my first kit it would be a disaster. i happened to have the equipment to deal with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back