Visit to FVW

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterZ

Reaction score
I know I promised an account of my visit to George last Friday, but I am just too wupped right now. Virginia (She Who Must Be Obeyed), Katie (daughter), and I went to Austin for a wedding. We left the wedding at 11:30 last night, got up at 5:00 this morning, and drove for 11 hours.

More to follow. Teaser: It was great!!

Can't wait for my next visit. It is a nice store.

Smurfe

Well, my wife Virginia, my daughter Katie, and I visited George on our way to Austin. I came away with a MM Amarone All Juice kit (HEAVY) and an IM kit that Katie picked out. She wants me to package the IM in the Wine on Tap package so she can have a glass at will without opening a bottle.

My current thought is that I will use abot half the F pack in the primary, add some sugar, ferment to dry - ~11% abv, and the use the rest of the F pack to sweeten. She wants something she can drink straight, but can also use to make a wine cooler.

That said, if you are passing within 200 miles of FVW, detour. George is a great guy, and he loves to meet his forum members. The store is great, and you will just start grabbing stuff of the shelves. HINT - if your SO is not into the wine thing leave her behind.

GO MARVEL BUY.

Mecca is in Carrolton.

Ipassed by again and am stocked up on kitsfor a bit. I love stopping by and my wife will only let me go thru Dallas on the way up, or the way back but not both. hehe

Thanks again George.

Coffee? I don't need no steeenkin coffee. Carboy sipping!!!

We will have whatever you like. Coffee before noon. Wine afterwards. I am always looking for a reason to taste my wine.

Peter, it was my pleasure. I enjoyed meeting you and the beautiful family. I hope next time you will have more time to chat. As some of my regular customers will attest, I love to talk wine. I can't wait until the store is big enough to have others to handle the day to day stuff so I can make and talk wine. That part of the job is NOT work.

BTW, Angell brings his own cup, now! When he starts showing up with his own wine glass, I think I will be in trouble!

Coaster, you need to make a road trip without the SO and the kids. We could have a lot of fun. On the other hand, maybe your SO is smarter than we think!

George looks up.....Here comes Waldo in the door......Oh sh*t !! He has an empty carboy in his hand !!!
smiley36.gif

I too would like to be closer, but then I'm sure I'd be broker! Wait for me Waldo, and I'll help you bring another empty carboy, the more the merrier!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back