WineXpert Vintners Reserve Chilean Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1190w

Junior
Reaction score
I made some of this WE Vintners Reserve Chilean Merlot. I
t's been bottled now for 3 months. The whole processwas very uneventful, followed instructuions to the letter.I thought I'd take a taste yesterday. What a suprise. It was really harsh tasting, mouth puckering dry.It seems tome that this winehas the potential to be good. Not Great though.I'm hoping that time will smooth this out. Any comments???

Red wines that are supposed to be big like Cabs and Merlots will take more time to come around. the fact that it is harsh now tells me it will most likely have a decent body later unlike the ones that fall flat early.

I agree with Wade. At 9 months to a year you will have a fine bottle of wine.

I too think it will come around nicely. If you end up not liking the product in 9 months, I'm sure someone around here would be glad to take it off your hands...
smiley2.gif

Thanks guys,

Every once in a whileI need to have a little sunshine directed my way. This patience thing is probably my only problem with the whole winemaking experience

The waiting is the hardest part some times... Just keep it out of sight for a while and make some more wines to keep yourself distracted...

A1190W your patience will be rewarded... I had bottled a Luna Rosa about nine months ago.....over the weekend I opened a bottle and was nicely surprised. it really has improved. So much so that I purchased another kit today during lunch time.That way when this batch is gone I'll already have some with some age on it.

If you find it too hard to wait.. try bulk aging for a few months, that way you won't be able to sample.

Back