Vintners Reserve Chardonnay Tweeks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zadvocate

Reaction score
Anyone that has done this kit and has some recommended tweaks please let me know. I just bought this kit and I didn't realize it was only 10L. I am a little concerned but I was hoping I could add some tweaks to bring it up. I have read Joe's tweaks and with that in mind i am thinking about doing this:
Adding to the primary:
Oak (I think it comes with Oak but would add if it doesn't)
Golden raisins?
1/2 grapefruit zest?
Any thoughts on reducing it from 6 to 5.5?

I also would like to Battanage
• Stir twice per week for six weeks
• Add 25 PPM FSO2 (about one-quarter teaspoon of metabisulfite powder per six gallons, or about 1 gram per 23 liters. It’s helpful to get a sulfite test kit and measure this to double-check your addition)
• Stir once per week for eight weeks
• Stir once per month for one year

Something along those lines. Lastly, I also was thinking of adding https://www.midwestsupplies.com/west-coast-oak-blend-3-oz only because I have it

Any advice is appreciated.

Sur-lie is a nice treak to try. I setup a side-by-side test with one Chard kit early this year, 3 gal normal crisp version, 3 gal sur-lie with oak. The normal one was bottled and almost 80% gone while the sur-lie is still sitting in the carboy struggling. A challenge for patience. Haha.

Latest posts

Back