UPDATE: Bottles coming out of the ocean now!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He talks about the constant motion - isn't that supposed to be bad for your wine? Don't they sell zero vibration wine fridges at a high price because of that?

Boatboy24, I remember reading something that says there's no studies or evidence that supports the idea that vibration ages wine faster...

They are having a Wine club Member Conference Call at 2 p.m. about this. I am not a Wine Club members, so will have to wait and see later... :D

I am chunking 6 bottles of my next hooch in my farm pond to see what happens. Could largemouth bass affect aging? Stay tuned! :D

Never said it was new. They been yanking old bottles out of shipwrecks forever. BTW, yer second article is the experiment now being determined.

I have bluegills in my pond, too (or bream to Southern folks). They could maybe affect aging.

Crawfish boil wine aged in the crawfish pond.....

HMMM.......

Better yet, crawfish boil wine aged and FERMENTED in the crawfish pond.... Maybe with a 1 way valve for an airlock....:

Joking aside, I am kinda obsessed by this lil experiment. My thought is, why can't the bottles be placed in a dark 55-degree room on rollers so that they are very slowly turned by a motor as they age? Maybe one revolution a day. That would be more cost effective.

Could even roll it in the barrels, since it was barrels rolling aboard ships that caused notice to be given of the contents differences back in the day. That could even be more cost-effective, if it's the motion that is the key.

Joking aside I seriously might chunk a few bottles into the middle of the catfish pond in a cage trap. I don't know how cold it is down there, but I do know its black as pitch and i had goosebumps in the middle of summer when I came back up. And I only dove about 30 feet. The bottom is deeper.

Should I wax seal the corks? The water's nasty.

Joking aside I seriously might chunk a few bottles into the middle of the catfish pond in a cage trap. I don't know how cold it is down there, but I do know its black as pitch and i had goosebumps in the middle of summer when I came back up. And I only dove about 30 feet. The bottom is deeper.

Should I wax seal the corks? The water's nasty.

Oh if I did that in my farm pond, I would definitely wax seal the corks and wrap the bottles in bubble-wrap. Nasty is a good word for the water.

Hi everyone! Mira Winery here. Thanks so much for following our Aquaoir experiment - we had a blast with this project. You can check out the results of the experiment and learn more about what our taste testers had to say here: https://miranapa.com/ocean-aged-wine/

Hi everyone! Mira Winery here. Thanks so much for following our Aquaoir experiment - we had a blast with this project. You can check out the results of the experiment and learn more about what our taste testers had to say here: https://miranapa.com/ocean-aged-wine/

Hey there!

Why don't you stay and chat with us a while?

Out of your 7 posts, 7 are links back to your website. :wy

I am sure the expertise of an established winemaker would be a tremendous addition to this site.

Cheers,

Back