Update and Niagara Mist Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelyn

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been gone for a while but I had an update for everyone and a question.
So far I have made:
- Vino Europa (Costco) Merlot and Cabernet (which was surprisingly drinkable not something you would write home about and it had a sharp edge to it but I drank it young but stupid cheap)
-A California Red by California Connoisseur (Pretty smooth and easy drinking not fantastic but decent for the price)
In about a week (as long as clearing goes well) I will be bottling my Shiraz its been sitting in the Carboy since April 26 (which is really long for us lol) so I have high hopes for it.
My three reds turned out just fine (for low end kits I would say they were all pretty good) I didn’t have them dropping sediment or tasting corky or anything (thus far).
I also made one of the Niagara Mist kits, it cleared beautifully and the flavor was good for what it was (I don’t like that kind of wine but the husband enjoyed it) within 2 weeks of being bottled though it got a fair amount of sediment out of nowhere any ideas why that would have happened? Or is that normal for Niagara Mist kits, also I don’t filter. Not sure if that makes a difference…

Back