types of tannin used in wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corinth

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have noticed many people talk about the different type of tannin they add to their wine; therefore, I am interested. I have read somewhat about tannin in wine but they do not mention any brands in particular which could be used in different types of wine.
Could someone lead me to a thread or website that would explain the different types used in various types of wine?
Example: Tannin FT Rouge, tannin FT blanc soft, Tannin Complex, Tannin Riche Extra, Tannin FT Blanc Soft.

If anyone would like to comment specifically on types available, that would be very kind of you but also would probably be a lot of work for you.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
corinth

Most, if not all, of the ones you mentioned are Scott Labs products. Go to www.scottlab.com and you'll find the info there. I have their Fermentation Handbook which has good discriptions, dosing,etc. of these tannins. See if you can get Scott to send you one of these handbooks.

types-tannin-used-wine-

Wow!
I stated to download info right away. I also started to organize the threads so i can ingest it easier in a word document.

I am sure glad that recycle paper and use recycled paper!
Too many people to thank so I gave out a lot of likes.
Corinth

Back