Tweaks for MM Alljuice Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleedaggie

Reaction score
Impulse-bought a bucket on clearance at the Homebrew shop today ("But honey, it was waaaay on sale..."). After doing a little reading here, I'm wishing I hadn't. Who wants to drink gross merlot even if it's only $5 a bottle?

Only ideas I've seen for tweaks are to add skins, but I only see these online and they're marked way down today too. (Fool me once...)

Any ideas?

Impulse-bought a bucket on clearance at the Homebrew shop today ("But honey, it was waaaay on sale..."). After doing a little reading here, I'm wishing I hadn't. Who wants to drink gross merlot even if it's only $5 a bottle?

Only ideas I've seen for tweaks are to add skins, but I only see these online and they're marked way down today too. (Fool me once...)

Any ideas?
If this is one of those MM that come in the plastic bucket, you're all good. They just require a significant amount of aging compared to other kits. I was originally disappointed in a couple that I did years ago, at least for the first few years. Then eventually I stumbled across some bottles that had passed the three year mark and things had really started to turn for the better. At four to five years these really start to shine. I would over-oak it, bulk age for about a year, racking occasionally to lose the sediment. Then bottle and stuff all 30 bottles in a box, in a dark closet for the next year or three.

Back