Toy of the month

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
TOY
OF THE MONTH
</font>
One
of our forum moderators suggested that with the weather getting colder
in the north, we should have the Brew Belt as the Toy of the Month, so
we are. This is a handy little toy that can be used to keep your
primary bucket at 75 degrees for up to 8 days. It is not designed for
glass carboys, but a trip to our forum might provide you with some
additional information. The Brew Belt is $15.99, this month for a
$4.00 savings.

<table ="maintable" align="center" ="#ffffcc" border="2" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="95%"><t><tr>
<td ="#0033cc" width="10%"><div align="center">Part Number</font></td>
<td ="#0033cc" width="10%"><div align="center">Image</font></td>
<td ="#0033cc" width="50%"><div align="center">Description</font></td>
<td ="#0033cc" width="10%"><div align="center">Regular Price</font></td>
<td ="#0033cc" width="10%"><div align="center">Current Price</font></td>
<td ="#0033cc" width="10%"><div align="center">Order</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="10%">5008</td>
<td width="10%">
%5Cimages%5C5008_sm.jpg
</td>
<td width="50%">

Brew Belt

Designed to wrap around most primary &amp; secondary fermenters.</td>
<td width="10%">$19.99</td>
<td width="10%"><div align="center">$15.99 </td>
<td width="10%">Order</td></tr></t></table>Okay, I have used this toy for 1 year now with both glass and primary buckets with no issues at all. I have used this item on glass carboys both 5 and 6 gallon for way more than eight days as it was my only solution last winter to keep the temp up. I would say i had this product on glas for at least 1 1/2 months on 1 batch of my wine as it wasnt a stuck fermentation but just took a long time to ferment dry for some reason. I had nutrient and energizer but it was stubborn. I know a few years ago there was a problem with someone claiming it had overheated a Mexican carboy and it cracked because of it but there was no evidence of this and both the manufacturer of the carboy and the brew belt disputed each other for flaws in the others product. I guess The manufacturer of the brew bet gave in and put this 8 day clause in to be safe but I use these Mexican carboys as that is what my local retailer sells. My belief is that there was a hairline crack in the carboy and when it warmed up it expanded and revealed itself but this is speculation. I find that you can adjust the temp of the must by lowering or raising the brew belt on the primary or carboy and others hane verified this also. The product says it will keep it at 75* but in my opinion this varies with the temp of the room that you are working in. Right now I have 1 on my Choc Rasp. Port. the room i have it in fluctuates from 68*-71* because that is where my furnace is and I dont have the heat on in the house yet but the furnace kicks as I have domestic hot water which means that the furnace heats my hot water. the temp when I have the belt on the upper edge of the carboy is @ 81* and when I lower it to the bottom it lowers the temp to 73*. This product does not have a thermostat that i know of and does not shut off until unplugged. I have 2 of these and probably wont need them once i turn on the heat in the house as the furnace will be on quite a bit due to lack of insulation in this house(another job, another day). It uses very little electricity compared to a heating pad and is much less of a fire hazard. I reccomend this product highly if you have temp issues where you ferment.

Latest posts

Back