top off DB?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
black and blue is on my list, right after my mango batch, my fig batch, and my mustang grape, batch.

Thanks for the advice.
Impatiences is one of my biggest problems. I want this bottled so I can drink it by my pool.
I did not plan well enough to have a bunch of summer wines ready to be enjoyed on my deck next to the pool.
I may try the tube idea to stay away from the goop. I have tried holding the siphon just above it but have found the goop still gets pulled up in it.
But everytime you rack away from the goop you lose an inch or 2 and that comes out to a bottle or so.

I started this batch on 6/4.
I have spend the last few days at .994 and i did not want it to go any further, since the directions indicate to rack at 1.000 and below.

I find that one of the biggest turn off for people when they open my wine is the goop or floaters. because you dont get that in commercial bottles (and I know I am not the same as a commercial winery)

:pee

Rack as many times as u have too. Wait as long as it takes. NEVER bottle your wine with goop and floaters. that's turns me off quicker then anything when I taste anyone's home made wine. Yours can be just as clear as any winery! you just have to be patient!!

I added the raisins to my Black and Blue. Im learning! I would have added black banana's had I known lol

12 hours after sparkalloid and the DB is clear as can be.
If I wasnt having company over, grilling, swimming, mowing the lawn, putting apple in secondary, getting ingredients for 2nd batch of DB, I would rack the DB so I could back sweeten!

12 hours after sparkalloid and the DB is clear as can be.
If I wasnt having company over, grilling, swimming, mowing the lawn, putting apple in secondary, getting ingredients for 2nd batch of DB, I would rack the DB so I could back sweeten!

Yay Elmer!!!! Glad it worked out!!

way to go....glad you ready to bottle that stuff...now lets get started on another...lol....you can not keep db around for long.

Latest posts

Back