Top 10 reasons to make your own wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because I have a very parapetetic pallete and enjoy many different types of wines for different reasons, I decided I could create my own to suit my tastes, and have more of what I LIKE handy, more easily than running to the wine shop all the time. That and what George said about price. I can afford to drink Barolo, Amarone, Brunello, and Chateneuf du Papestyle wineswhen I make them myself.

I enjoy the process of making the wine.
The wines I make you sometimes cannot find easily on the commercial shelf.
Wines that are very expensive on the economy I can make at $6 or $7 per bottle.
You can tailor a wine to your specific taste.
It is fun!!
smiley36.gif

Because grapes may be grown wherever people can support themselves.Therefore Jesus used the "fruit of the vine" to call us to remembrance of His blood that was shed for me.

My dad was a bootlegger back in the 30's. A still back in the woods and caught several time by the government boys. I love making wine, I guess its in my blood.

RobertCarr said:
My dad was a bootlegger back in the 30's. A still back in the woods and caught several time by the government boys. I love making wine, I guess its in my blood.
.......My grandfather made beer in the bathtub but it was great uncle George that made an apple brandy(a Croatian recipe) the boys would drive out from Chicago to pick up.

My dad made made whiskey ,white lightning, and he would brag about how got it was. He died before I started making wine. Would love to have shared a glass of my wine with him.

Latest posts

Back