TOO BEAUTIFUL NOT TO SHARE AGAIN

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
20081017_093000_pic.jpg

This night blooming plant has bloomed for me 6 times this summer. I stayed up until 1:00 am to take pictures since the bloom will only last until morning. I know I've posted many pictures of this bloom but having two at the same time was really special. Hope you enjoy seeing it.

20081017_093142_2.jpg

Ramona

Awesome!!!! They look like they are pretty big....truly fabulous and worth waiting up half the night to see.

1:00 am
smiley3.gif
you are going to need a nap.

Very nice, is that the name of them "night blooming plant"?
Looks to me like a great gift idea for my plant happy wife!!

Scott,
The name of it is and Epiphyllum oxypetalum or Night Blooming Cereus, Queen of the Night are a couple of common names. I've had it for about 8 years. It does take them a while to start blooming. I'm finally living in a house instead of an apartment and it stays outside all of the time and has really done well this year under better conditions. It may still bloom, I don't know, It seems like after each bloom is gone then I notice more coming out on the edges of the leaves. It takes about 3 weeks to bloom once you see a bud. If your wife is patient she will love it and the leaves are interesing too.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Thanks Ramona for the names, she is patient, she has to be to put up with me!!!

Ramona, you are so lucky in that you have the patience of a saint.

That plant would have died in year 2 if it didn't produce for me.......
smiley36.gif

Back