tomatoe wine Any suggestions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never tried making it, but if I was going to, I would wait til the end of August. Around here you can get all the tomatoes you want then. Basically that maked the ingredients free, and you can get the good and ripe tomatoes.Good ripe fruits make the best wines. Not much help, but will give you a lot of time to find a good recipe also. Arne.

Tried it, didn't like it.

I've triued tomato wine once. Too much water content and the result was very disappointing. :HB Cheers, Tony.

I'de love to be able to shift those smilies to other forums.

This is a 1 gal. recipt and is a veration of Jack Kellers recipt. I make this every 2 years but in a 3 gal batch ( just multiply by 3 on all ingredients)

6lbs. vine riponed fruit ( store bought tast yuckey)
sugar to 1.085-1.090
1tsp acid blend
1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
1/8 tsp grape tannin (powder)
1tsp yeast nutrient
1 crushed campden tablet
1 packet champagne yeast
1 gal. of water

chunk up tomatoes mix all ingredients in water except pectic enzime and yeast. Wait 24 hours
abb pectic enzime wait 24 more hours. Make yeast starter and add to must.then proceed like a normal wine.

there will be a lot of sediment fall out thus the full galon of water to compensate for it. The wine will not be red because all the pigment will fall out. I like to fermint it to dry and not backsweeten but do as you wish for it will be your wine. It is a fast drinker ready after 6 months

Back