To pick or not to pick

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawrstin

Reaction score
My Cab Sauvignon grapes have gone from 14-15 brix in three days to a 17-18 brix. I leave on Sunday for two weeks, should I pick and on Saturday and destem-crush?

image-3470451594.jpg

Looks like you have had a spike in sunshine and good weather. What's the next two weeks weather suppose to be like? I would be tempted to wait and get closer to that 26 degree mark.

The weeks forecast is high 90 and low 70 with no rain all week. I was just afraid to return to raisins in two weeks?

In two weeks they will be over ripe, let me have your address and I will pick them and make into wine......PM me next year and I will deliver bottled wine to your front door......

I was thinking that too Rob, but after this mornings reading I am not so sure. I'm really on the fence on this one. What types of grapes do you grow in Iowa?

Looks like you have had a spike in sunshine and good weather. What's the next two weeks weather suppose to be like? I would be tempted to wait and get closer to that 26 degree mark.

Could not agree more. Ideal for cab sav is between 23 and 26 Birx.

Latest posts

Back