The Niagra's are coming!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorosco

Reaction score
Ok I just wanted to show everyone my vines and how they are going green!!!

My tellis that I Made!

20070513_143015_trellis2007.jpg

Buds on the trellis!

20070513_143115_bud_break2007.jpg

My Corner Vines....
20070513_143434_corner_vine2.jpg

Looks great Benny. I just got 3 new plants that I put along the fence like that. Didn't think about the arbor, great idea and looks great. New York has such good rich soil, I do miss that......... But thats it!

Are those Dandelions I see in the grass??????? HMMmmmmm.............Edited by: jobe05

Nice trellis Benny. Great job! You will have to start pruning those vines after this year or they will become overgrown and won't ripen those delicious grapes well. Niagaras are so vigorous you can prune them down a lot, and they bear better. I'd let the vines bush out some over the trellis, but thin some of the shoots out to let the air through and the sun in. The Niagara wine I made last year turned out very nice.

Jobe,
They are some dandelions...they are the rare and few I put turf stuff down on the lawn and usually don't get them but I stay away from the vines with the turf stuff so a few rogue one sneak through...

Appleman,
Definately will do that..I am leaving a little extra on the trellis to make sure they have a firm grip over the arch..Before I thin them too much.. This should be the first year of fruit!!

Ok just an update ..My vines have just about blasted off...I have grapes everywhere ..I know PICTURES... I Promise I will get them up... Wow this will be the first year we get fruit!!!!
smiley4.gif

Great benny........now get your butt out there and get some pictures man

Latest posts

Back