WineXpert The Labors of my Fruit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francois_du_nord

Fermenting Trough Wiper
Reaction score
I've got to admit that I've been a bit tardy in getting from carboy to bottle, but as I was rummaging last weekend I realized I had a pretty good picture if I organized a bit. Thus:

Left to Right

On the table:

Back Row: 5 Gal Apple Cyser, 6 Eclipse Sauv Blanc, 6 LE2013 Viognier
Front Row: 5 VR Sangoivese, 6 Eclipse Merlot

Floor:
Back Row: 6 Selection Muller Thurgau, 6 Eclipse Cab Sauv, 6 LE2013 Willamette Pinot

Front 6 LE2014 Riesling

I don't have a problem. I can quit any time I want. I just don't want to!

I agree. Let's start a winemaker's anonymous except the goal would be to help each other not quit :) I would also like to compliment you on your excellent taste. Just started the Eclipse Merlot this week. Have the Cab Sab on deck. How long have yours been aging? Have you tasted them to see how they are doing?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Dhaynes: Cab has been in bulk storage since late August, Pinot since Mid Sept, Merlot Mid Nov.

I rack about every 3 months, and get a bit of a taste. They are definitely going to be very good.

Turock: What you can't really see in that picture is that the Viognier still has an airlock. It is actually in secondary (note the yeast in suspension) with a nice blanket of CO2. But you are correct, at next rack I will fill it to the neck of the carboy since no CO2 will be generated.

You Will be really pleased by the taste of the riesling LE2014... So sad That we can't get it anymore.... I wish I could find an another available riesling just like this one!!!

I'm wondering if distilled water is as good for making wine as spring water... Ever compared?

Do not use distilled water... It is completely void of all minerals. Use spring water

Back