The conclusion of a busy weekend!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyK68

Reaction score
I usually dont say this, but thank God its Sunday! This was a hobby busy weekend for sure. I got my Domain Des Brumes started, my Island Mist Green Apple Riesling going (have to have something for the females). Mini Mashed two batches of beer, a really good brown ale, and an Irish Red Ale. I racked a batch of Carmel Vanilla Creme Ale (cant wait to drink this stuff). Finally I bottled my first wine also, that was quite the experience. Now today it is time for nothing but a great Superbowl Party, drinking a good case of home brew, and some Apfelwine that I made a while back. Shrimp, Sausage and Peppers, numerous dips cheeses, crackers, an incredible homemade chili, and whatever else anyone brings! Wish I had some good homemade wine for the occasion but there is nothing that is even close to being ready to drink yet. Nontheless this will be a fun and relaxing end to a great busy weekend. Go Colts!

JohnnyK, you forgot one thing after all of that. About 11:00 p.m. don't forget the Malox!
smiley15.gif

Sounds awesome and can you share a recipe for the Carmel Vanilla Cream Ale...it sounds very interesting!

Pepere, man if you didnt hit the nail on the head! I have had the worst heartburn that was ever created today. Actually some Zantac instead of Malox did the trick.
Masta, I will drop you a PM before the night is over with the recipe. If you brew, you WANT to brew this beer, I can not wait for this one to be ready to consume. It tasted like a creme soda going into the bottles. Its fairly easy and can be an extrace, specialty grain steep, or a Partial Mash like I did. I just walked in the door from driving home 3 hrs so as soon as I get everything unloaded, I will get it out to you, no problem!

Back