The bottling party

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
We started with a blackberry apertif, then A romaine lettuce salad, spagetti, home made sauce and meatballs. The guests brought an enormous piece of pecorino romano instead of italian pasteries (at my request)
I neglected to ask the photographer to take pictures of the food.
The following link shows us getting 12 --750ml bottles of wine from the 3 gallon batch. ???????????

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/slowpoke59ds/wine%20making/

Northern Winos said:
And a good time was had by all...
I seem to recall just that. The guests really enjoyed the bottling. They even put the heat shrinks on while i watched
smiley1.gif

Very nice looking wines scotty...looks like you all had a blast !!! Thanks for sharing the experience with us. Edited by: Waldo

Looks like you guys (and gal) gad a good time. I love Pecorino Romano.
I dont buy any other kind for pasta. Sauce, tpmatoes from garden or can?

Edited by: wade

We dont have a garden. I live in a mobile home park. I used canned tomatoes i purchased from sams club. They have a very large can of crushed tomatoes at an extremely good price.
I havent had a veggie garden since i left NY. I had the entire yard behind my delli turned up. I even bought a trojan horse rototiller to keep the ground. It was fun because my customers could see what was growin just by looking out the back door.
We lived in a truck farm area and the cherub boys(great polish farmers)) (( long island had mostly polish farmers))showed me how to grow monster zuchinni(no taste But great show)) I had them right close to the door to ward off any evil braggards who would make fun of my little garden. The whole thing was about 60 by 100 feet and it was all i could handle with our 7 day a week schedule.

I dont miss the work.
smiley4.gif

PS I have a fancy pasta machine. Ill ty to find a pic of itEdited by: scotty

I just got an order for 3 gallons of redneck special for a july 4th bbq
smiley3.gif

The good stuff stays home for gifts and house guests.
We enjoy the folks we invited. they are nice

Back