The best homemade wine ever tasted

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fun tasting with our group tonight. Barrel tasting, recently bottled and some state fair award winners shared. Among the group @4score, @Busabill, @crushday delivered some very nice wines.
IMG_0921.jpeg
However, the wine that stole the show for me was this one. Better than many $100+ bottles I’ve had. Truly outstanding, nicely done @crushday.

IMG_0924.jpeg

Fun tasting with our group tonight. Barrel tasting, recently bottled and some state fair award winners shared. Among the group @4score, @Busabill, @crushday delivered some very nice wines.
View attachment 109220
Bravo!!!

What yeast was used to create that Gem??

Cheers!
However, the wine that stole the show for me was this one. Better than many $100+ bottles I’ve had. Truly outstanding, nicely done @crushday.

View attachment 109221

View attachment 109220

View attachment 109221
That was a really fun night! Great company and some nice wines. But I have to agree, that Nights Valley Cabernet Sauvignon was something special. Nicely done @crushday!

Knights Valley and not WA State? Wonder if this was from frozen must?
Yes, from frozen must purchased through Wine Grapes Direct. I picked the buckets up from the freezer (Portland) on the morning of December 31, 2021. On January 2nd, I pitched the yeast - Harmony by Ch. Hansen.

As far as Washington Cab, I can't find anyone willing to sell me Cab Sauv from Walla Walla or Red Mountain. I can get all I want from California.

Great evening and great wines from all. Very kind words @NorCal - I'm blessed to know you and the rest of our crew: @4score @Busabill

Yes, from frozen must purchased through Wine Grapes Direct. I picked the buckets up from the freezer (Portland) on the morning of December 31, 2021. On January 2nd, I pitched the yeast - Harmony by Ch. Hansen.

As far as Washington Cab, I can't find anyone willing to sell me Cab Sauv from Walla Walla or Red Mountain. I can get all I want from California.
You can get several varieties of frozen must from WA from WGD.

https://winegrapesdirect.com/shop/2021-walla-walla-valley-cabernet-sauvignon-frozen-grape-must-b29k6

Latest posts

Back