SWEET, JUICY, RIPE PEARS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Iopened a bottle of my 2009 Pear wine and bit into the most lush, juicy and sweet pears. OK, i'm not exxagerating, I was very impressed, even if it was my own creation I felt no inhibitions about proclaiming to all it's excellence. OMG was Kathy's remarks as she took a taste. No, im not being conceited, im just convinced I made a winner here and could kick my own butt for giving most of it away when I bottled it. It was ok then but my oh my how it has matured and aged.

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

Hopefully the ones thatwere givenaway waited to open them for the OMG moment. That's the bad part of this hobby is waiting a couple of years to see what you have. Nice label too Waldo!

Sounds GREAT Waldo!!!! , I have a pear wine that was made feb 2010. Maybe another year will do it a world of good. It's nice right now, but maybe it will be really good in another year. I used straight steamed juice in mine with some bananas for body.

BOB

I can tell its good just by the color of it!!! Thats very dark for a pear so those puppies must have been nice and ripe!!!

Indeed they were very ripewade and the nanners I used sure added a lot of body to it.

I think Ive done drooled! Waldo, what do you do to clean the slobberin off your keyboard?

Wow Waldo,

Looks great!!! and this is great news, I have alot of pear wine aging.

How old could these pear wines be before they go bad?

Seems like they are just getting better and better.

I lightly oaked mine.

Joel

Back