Super yeast stalled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montresor

Junior
Reaction score
I tried liqueur quick super yeast and it stalled at day 5. I was going to use it to make apple pie moonshine. I was going to use apple juice concentrate because the ABV would be 20%.

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f2/apple-pie-moonshine-2-better-one-41136/

It was just water (3 gal) and sugar. SG of 1.154. Temp 73. It stalled at1.040. It yeast can go up to 20% ABV. I followed the directions for the yeast. Does anyone have an idea why. Or had that problem

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

It comes with the yeast pre measured .

Sorry, I forgot to type the word nutrients. It comes with premeasured nutrients. And yes I added them

Shall I repeat my question? Did you add any yeast nutrients?

The Super Yeast and Turbo Yeast products include the yeast nutrients, etc in the rather large yeast package. So the user (hesitate to say winemaker) doesn't add any extra nutrients.

I have used the LQ Super Yeast a couple of times but not for several years (2006 or 2007). Sugar plus water to 23 litres. Mix well with drill stirrer, add yeast package. Keep at about 73F. Didn't have any problems with it fermenting to below 1.000. I can't find any notes but memory says down to .990 or slightly lower.

Steve

Thanks Steve it was an experiment that I was messing with. I asked the guys at my local brew shop and they have never had that problem and could not figure out why. I'm going to stick to the right way of making apple cider and apple wine.

Back