Student Survey

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the survey as well. I don't know what the true definition of Fine Dining is though. I live in Food Heaven here and many of our everyday restaurants around here would be considered Fine Dining elsewhere.

We have world class restaurants here as the mention of Emeril's, John Besh's August as well as numerous others in New Orleans. World class Chef John Folse lives here in ourParish an has a local restaurant.We don't dine at these places too often as we have so many places with just as good or better food, service, and ambiance at half the price or less within 5-10 miles from the house.

We eat out at least once a week and on average twice a week. We rarely , if ever eat fast food or at a chain restaurant.Don't get me wrong though, I do love Emeril's, August, Commanders Palace, Antoine's and the such as much as anyone else and when we go out without kids we seek a place as such.

In response to the Escargot, I love it. I guess many wouldn't of hung with me tonight when I enjoyed a platter of a dozen raw oysters on the half shell along with a fine salad with grilled lump crab meat and shrimp. I totally agree with George as well. The only item I ever have issue with price at a restaurant is wine. I am not going to pay $12-$15.00 for a glass of $4.00 a bottle wine or only getting poured two fingers of a fine wine.

Are we a bunch of "new wine snobs" or just a group that realize the value of wine?

Since we make our own, we understand how inexpensive a really good wine can be.

I agree, I never buy wine when out to dinner, I refuse to pay what they want for a decent wine and cant swallow what they offer at the lower prices. I drink wine and beer at home and Jack & Coke when Im out.

Waldo said:
whino..you should have tried it. Escagot is is quite tasty

PeterZ said:
I'm with Waldo - escargot are yummie. SWMBO won't eat them, though. I wonder how much effect location has on the price, however. Upscale in Memphis is $50/person. I can't imagine going upscale in NYC or Boston for that price. I have spent more than that when I was in NYC in the 70's.

dmcquade said:
I tried escargot once. It was difficult to get past my brain on that one, but when I did I really enjoyed it. :)

wade said:
Escargot is awesome!!!!!!! Both the wife and I love it. I like it either in the individual serving tray with the oil and garlic or in the filo dough pastry shell!
smiley17.gif

geocorn said:
Escargot is fabulous. If it is on the menu, Janna will order it. One of the finer things to which I get the credit or blame.

PolishWineP said:
I love them snails!

Yes I do!
From heads to tails
and in me stews!

smurfe said:
In response to the Escargot, I love it.

Still can't bring myself to the thought of eating one of those. You know there are natives in South America that think big fat live caterpillars are yummy too.
smiley11.gif
The way I see it, if it's too small to shoot with a gun, I probably don't want to eat it.
smiley1.gif
I don't think I would have lasted long if I'd been a contestant on "Fear Factor", although I could probably handlea hot pepper or two.

Sounds like I'm in the minority on this one....

Whino, shrimp are too small to shoot, but they are pretty tasty, too.

Latest posts

Back