Straight vs. Tapered

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerShannon

Reaction score
I received part of my order today which included 90 #9 tapered corks. I ordered the wrong ones!
smiley35.gif
Can I still use them or should i hurry and order straight corks? I'm using regular wine bottles.

I just looked at the corks that George has and I would say no. In addition to the taper the corks are not long enough and do not have any coating on them.

Those are tasting corks.

I would not use them. You will not be able to insert them far enough so that you can lay the bottles on its side.

You can use them to put back on the opened wine.

Get new ones and wait a few more days to bottle.

This is how we all here learned by making mistakes.
smiley2.gif

But, that's why we are here right?

To learn so we make LESS mistakes.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

tepe said:
But, that's why we are here right?

To learn so we make LESS mistakes.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Well Kinda, I like to make the same number of mistakes while increasing difficulty. I will use the following quote to get my point acoss.

"That's why I go for variety not quanity. With the wine club I and "Joeswine" belong to we are constently coming up with tasting and making "different: wines.
smiley20.gif
"

Sssshhh! it is a quote from tepe
smiley2.gif

And I stand by that quote. LOL
smiley36.gif

Difference is when I / we try something new we already know what NOT to do from our other members of the wine club. Do we make mistakes? Sure but usually not bad enough to toss the wine...
smiley20.gif

I bet I have 26 carboys aging and 22 different wines.
My fresh Peach is the 1st to be bottled @ the end of the month.

BikerShannon said:
Darnit! Anyone need some free tapered corks?

If you got them from George i bet he will exchange them for the right ones

smiley9.gif

We all make mistakes. We try to catch them before they ship out, but we missed yours. Glad I could help.

Latest posts

Back