Steamer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've racked the second wines made from the steam juicer and really, the only sediment in the bottom was the yeasty beasties! It looks great so far.So much easier for clean up than working with the bag and pulp. Maybe some day Bert will let me use it!
smiley2.gif

PolishWineP said:
We've racked the second wines made from the steam juicer and really, the only sediment in the bottom was the yeasty beasties!  It looks great so far. So much easier for clean up than working with the bag and pulp.  Maybe some day Bert will let me use it!
smiley2.gif

Glad your wine is going good...Is there as much flavor, or is it too early to tell?

The flavor is spectacular! I've been wowed!
smiley32.gif
I am thoroughly sold on this tool. It is so much easier to handle than the bag with fruit in it.

Both times were just rhubarb...did a rhubarb wine with some grape concentrate and did a Apple juice [store bought] and rhubarb...with grape concentrate..[see what you started NW] ... the Apple-Rhubarb at first racking tasted great...Looking forward to that one.....Have some grapes and more rhubarb to do, just need to come up with some recipes..

I would think rhubarb and strawberries, like the pie.

I haven't read through te book that came with mine yet, butmore than likelyyou wouldsteam the 2 fruits seperately, but if you were doing a gallon batch, could you steam the 2 fruits together at one time, would there be a difference in taste? Better or worse I wonder?

You are going to mix the juice sooner or later...I do not think putting them togather would matter...Unless you wanted to measure the amount of juice of each, to make changes next time you made this wine.

When I made breakfast juice I would do the Rhubarb/Apple, then I did a Rhubarb, Raspberry and Apple, then an Apple/Raspberry...just what ever I had on hand...it was all good as drinking juice...now I make wine with it....but I do it separate and mix the juices at fermenting time....think you could do it either way...What ever turns your crank!!!

We were given it....rhubarb is usually pretty easy to come by....Most people have way more than they can use, and they will give it away if you have a use for it...

I have access to a solid acre of rhubarb, and would seriously consider
shipping it to someone that sincerely wanted it and honestly couldn't
get it. I'm pretty sure it would be an ''easy keeper'' during
transit.

I mght take you up on that alley rat. I planted a rhubarb bush a few years ago and after a full year in the ground, it died. No reason, just died, and it was doing so well. But I planted it because you can't find it here, at least I haven't yet. Is it ripe right now where you are at? I'd pay the shipping.

A small winery here inCt. makes a rhubarb wine that is so good. I have
not seen it around here for sale but I really havent been looking as of
yet. I know my parents used to grow it but do not any more. They used
to grow a lot of fruit but gave up awhile ago .Figures!

jobe05 said:
I mght take you up on that alley rat. I planted a rhubarb bush a few years ago and after a full year in the ground, it died. No reason, just died, and it was doing so well. But I planted it because you can't find it here, at least I haven't yet. Is it ripe right now where you are at? I'd pay the shipping.
Have to wait for late spring for rhubarb. Everything is frozen solid in the North right now.

Waldo said:
Come on PWP......STAND UP AND TESTIFY !!!!!
Amen! I say, Amen! We struggled, we made due! But Bert reached deep INTO his pockets for the work of the wine!
smiley2.gif

PWP,
Have you ever oaked your rhubarb? I'm thinking of making a dry rhubarb and trying some oak. Just wondering if you have any tips or tricks on this.

Thanks
Melanie

We haven't oaked any rhubarb yet, but we're heading that way. Sorry we don't have more for you to go on...

Back