Cellar Craft Started - Showcase WA Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShepherdQ

Pusser Newbie
Reaction score
I just bottled this same kit a few weeks ago and liked it so much I went out and got the last one at my LHBS.

Starting SG 1.094, but I'll check again tomorrow to allow for the solids from the grape pack to dissolve.

Incidentally, I'm very pleased with the packaging of the grape packs in these kits. They come with the same yellow caps that are on the must bags, which are easily dealt with by my cap remover doo-hicky. Seamless bags are annoying!

I agree, totally. A five start kit. I made the CC Washington Merlot last year at this time. I've got about a dozen bottles left, and it is superb.

Stash some!

No doubt! It's hard to stay away from the batch I just bottled, it's the only one on the shelf currently. Now that I'll be give more I can start really building a collection.

This one had a long way to ferment, but it's nearing completion. Putting the brew belt on the carboy really set the secondary fermentation off, SG 0.996 now. I'm using the WineMakerMag extended method which says to leave it in the secondary for 15 days, so it'll be another few days before I rack.

This is going to have some kick!

Cheers,

Rob

Other than the extended method, not really. This is only my fifth kit so I'm still building experience

Cheers,

Rob

I just jumped into kit making a couple months ago and have a few kits going. This one, I just racked to secondary this weekend and was curious how it was going so I snagged a very small sample. It tasted surprisingly good, though it is a very long way from finished. I am looking forward to what it will be like in a year or so.....provided I can keep my hands off it til then.

Didnt quite make it to 15 days in the secondary, I had to rack yesterday as I'll be traveling for work the next two weeks.

Final SG 0.993, for an approximate ABV of 13.3%. Just finished a batch of Dragon's Blood, so I'll drink that while this one ages.

I'll start a new thread when I bottle :)

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Wine Making mobile app

Latest posts

Back